Transaction Searching and Reviewed Transactions

Options
chanceryder25
chanceryder25 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

Hey guys, I had some suggestions regarding working with transactions that I wanted to share, and perhaps others may agree that they'd be useful!

--When searching transactions, sometimes it's easier to find a transaction by an amount or by a part of the name that doesn't come at the beginning (as opposed to the whole name or starting with the first letter/word of the name). Right now, we can only search transactions by starting from the first letter of the first word of the name. So for example if I have a transaction in my register for "The Gillette Company" for $34.99, then I'd like to be able to search for that transaction using "34.99" or "gillette" but right now, neither of those would bring up the transaction. Only starting the search with "The" brings up the desired transaction.

--Marking transactions as reviewed. As of now I see columns for flags, tags, etc. But one of the most useful markers for transactions is whether they've been reviewed or not. That is, new transactions would ideally be marked as unread, with that marker being manually (or perhaps automatically or some combination/setting) removed when the transaction has been reviewed.

--As an alternative to the last suggestion (but still a good standalone suggestion on its own), it would be nice to be able to search for transactions that do NOT have specific tags. Since Mint also didn't have a "Reviewed" marker for transactions, I created my own tag called "OK" and would just tag reviewed transactions as "OK." Then, whenever I wanted to search for new or unreviewed transactions, I could just search for "-OK" and that'd bring up all of the new ones. But on Simplifi, NEITHER of these methods work (there's no "reviewed" notification, and there's no way to search for missing tags), so it's very hard to know which transactions have been reviewed and which haven't.

I'm curious to know what everything think about these!

2 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@chanceryder25 I just checked to see if Simplifi currently supports partial keyword searches, and it looks like it does. For example, I searched for the word "green," and not only found several "Walgreens" listings, but also a motel in a town near me with "green" in its name. The search I'm referring to is the one that appears when you click the magnifying glass on the upper right on the Transactions view. On your other suggestion, there are a couple of other discussions in this section in which users have requested a "reviewed" flag for transactions, including this one. I recommend you cast your vote for this option in that topic, to move it up our priority list. Thanks for the feedback!

• Coach Nicole
    Coach Nicole Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hi there,

We're happy to announce that we've added a "Reviewed" column option to track reviewed transactions. You can enable this column by following the below steps:

1. Click on the Gear icon above the register in the Transaction Activity to show the display options.
    2. Select the Show/Hide Columns submenu at the bottom of the dropdown list.
    3. Click on Reviewed.

Thank you for the feedback!

• chanceryder25
    chanceryder25 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can close this thread if you want, as these issues have all been addressed!

This discussion has been closed.