#TipTuesday: Future Spending Plans

Options
Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited October 2022 in Using the Spending Plan
Did you know that you can now budget a full year in advance with Future Spending Plans?! This ability makes it easy to plan for big one-time bills, as well as budget for other one-time expenses such as birthdays, holidays, and back-to-school shopping.

It also allows you to see what Savings Goals you can work on each month by knowing what funds you have available, as well as start planning for next month before it happens. Future Spending Plans takes the guesswork out of budgeting for the entire year! 

We've received a lot of great feedback regarding Future Spending Plans, and now that this ability has been available for a few months, we'd love to hear from you on how it's enhanced your budgeting abilities in Simplifi!

Please be sure to also check out our brand new YouTube video on using the Spending Plan by clicking here!

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Much requested, long awaited.  

We anticipate a major change in 2023 and having this new ability to plan through the next 12 months has made it possible to plug in the numbers beginning in February and then to see how those numbers work out in the months following and it looks good.

Naturally, once a new feature is added the new feature will start to suggest other possibilities and make one wish for even more improvements and integrations and tweaks... but this is a nice step in Simplifi's continued evolution.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • TommyMac
    TommyMac Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw the video, it's great and added a lot of clarity to what I thought was a complicated process.  I did go in and create a spending plan, and I like it with one caveat (of course). I created several monthly planned spending items and go-forward, it shows me my month-to-month budget which is great.  I was expecting it to also retroactively apply the monthly budget amounts as well, so I can see how I did before I started using it and to give me better insight into forward planning. Just an observation.
This discussion has been closed.