From time to time, "manual" reminder dates reset to auto-dates

RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 23 in Report a Bug
On recurring transactions...   There is the ability to manually edit individual transactions and change the dates (from upcoming transactions).

From time to time, it might be once a month or every few months, hard to tell, the manual dates are lost, and those transactions go back to their automatic/recurring dates.

So, for me, the following transactions around payday repeatedly must be edited:
-SS Payday (3rd Wednesday) because I can't set an automatic deposit
-Autosave (a chase thing that deposits money to savings the day after payday)

I'm aware there's an existing issue surrounding more recurring date options, but here I've already manually edited the dates for individual transactions, and those long-term are not sticking.  Again, it may be a few weeks or more, but from time to time it's just extra work to hand-edit AGAIN.

Rob

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing an issue with manual edits reverting in Simplifi. 

To clarify, are you referring to Recurring Reminders or to actual transactions? In order to get something like this in front of the Team, we would need specific examples. An example should include the Date, Payee, and Amount of the Reminder and/or transaction, what change was made and when, as well as what it was reverted back to and when.

In this case, you'd want to provide the Date that the Reminder or transaction was changed to, when the change was made, as well as when you noticed that it had been reverted back to the original Date. If this is for Reminders specifically, I'd also suggest checking other areas of the program where the Reminder may reside (such as the Transaction View, the Spending Plan, the Upcoming section, etc.) to see if the Reminder reverted everywhere or just in a specific location. 

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To clarify, I refer to Recurring Reminders, not transactions.

It happened overnight last night.  This morning when I woke they reverted.

Every single reminder "Ssa Treas 310" reverted to the 16th of the month and "Autosave" reverted to the 21st.

This morning, I edited them all back to "Ssa Treas 310" as the third Wednesday of the month, and "Autosave" to the day after the third Wednesday of the month.  I did this for the next 5 occurrences (the 6th one was just off the 6 month chart).

The only place I see the reminders shown are under upcoming transactions on per-account view (and charted on cash flow, where it it obvious when they are changed).

I *am* aware, if i edit a reminder series, and save it, the reminders will revert, and that's "okay".  But I didn't edit the reminders.

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    edited September 2022
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thanks for providing some clarification!

Unfortunately, your response doesn't provide a whole lot of direction. In order to escalate this, we will need the following information for each of the Reminders that you're seeing the issue with:
    1. The original Date, Payee, and Amount of the Reminders.
    2. The Date that the Reminders were edited to and when they were edited (please provide a specific Date).
    3. The Date that the Reminders were reverted to and when they were reverted.
    If you edited multiple Reminders for the same Series, which it sounds like you did, we'll need the above info for each individual Reminder. You are welcome to provide screenshots of the Reminders if doing so is helpful, however, the details (Date, Payee, and Amount) are sufficient. You are also welcome to DM the requested information if you'd prefer to keep it private.

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

This is more or less the same information I gave you in the prior post, but dates are here:

Prior to them reverting and AFTER editing them back "Ssa Treas 310" was Oct. 19, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 18, Feb 15
    They were reverted to: Oct 16, Nov 16, Dec 16, Jan 16, Feb 16
    (I edited them today and they are now right again)

Prior to them reverting and AFTER editing them back "Autosave" was Oct. 20, Nov 17, Dec 22, Jan 19, Feb 16
    They were reverted to: Oct 21, Nov 21, Dec 21, Jan 21, Feb 21
    (I edited them today and they are right again).

Please understand, this happens "often enough" to be irritating, but not typically every day.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for providing specific Dates. Now we just need the Amounts for the Reminders in question. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    I'll send that by direct message.  ALSO sent some screenshots with dollar amounts via direct message.

I've indicated earlier that the exact dollar amount of my SSA deposit could be used for idenity theft (it's an authentication factor if i call to switch direct deposit for example)

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for providing the requested information! I definitely understand the need to keep some stuff private, and I found what I was looking for in your DMs to me. 

I have gone ahead and gotten this reported and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. We may also need to have you 'Send Feedback' again from the Web App, so if you'd like to be proactive and do that now, I'm sure the Team will appreciate it. 
    1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked and click Send
    Please let me know once done! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-13803
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done the send feedback thing.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Thank you, @RobWilk!

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just happened again....  The dates for Ssa Treas and autosave reset to the auto dates...  

I'm going to fix it by hand again.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before you ask, this has been happening, sometimes more frequently than other times...  It's unclear for sure, but I think one time, the manual amount may have reset on me as well.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    *this was edited out of the original accidental post and reposted here*

@Coach Natalie Regarding my initial report of manual edits reverting on the reminders...  I noticed something today -- 

Today -one- reminder series reverted

Also today: on the 6 month cash flow chart, another unedited instance of this reminder just rolled into view on the last day of the 6 month cash flow chart (I went ahead and manually edited everything back, including moving that particular reminder back further so it is no longer on the 6 month view).

So, the next automatic day just rolled into the 6 month window at the time all the edits reverted for that reminder.

Don't know if that is a coincidence, but i think it may be interesting.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today, the 20th, all my reminders which had an automatic date of the 21st reset -- in other words, again, not all my reminders reset, only the ones which would have an automatic date of the 21st

This would be less of a problem for me *if* the feature request for more recurring date options was implemented.  

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    edited January 2023
    Hello @RobWilk,

I've requested an update on the ticket, however, I don't think there's one to provide as of yet. Since we already submitted examples with your logs, we will need to wait to see what they say. If they request any further info from you, or new examples and logs, I'll be sure to let you know. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for your patience as this behavior is being researched!

It looks like a fix for this issue is expected with the 3.75.0 Web Release, so please be sure to let us know if you continue to see an issue after that time. 

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great!  I see a lot of progress lately.  Thanks

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie - I know this hasn't been released yet, but i just want to note that the last couple of days (including today) two of my reminders reset as described in this thread.  One was my paycheck reminder, the other was the automatic savings transfer reminder.  The most recent instance of these manual reminder dates had 'just passed' this week.  Regardless, I'm really looking forward to this fix even if it only affects me around once or twice per month on average.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie

Hello @RobWilk,

It looks like the Product Team is having a hard time reproducing this behavior. They've been hard at work on getting a fix in with the 3.75.0 Web Release, but it doesn't sound like they've been able to make a lot of progress, unfortunately.

With that said, they have requested fresh examples and logs from you. The next time this issue occurs, please provide the following information using the new example(s):

1. The original Date, Payee, and Amount of the Reminder(s).
    2. The Date that the Reminder(s) were edited to and when they were edited.
    3. The Date that the Reminder(s) were reverted to and when they were reverted.

Once you've gathered the new example(s), please also submit fresh logs:

1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    4. Leave all boxes checked and click Send.

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

#1 and #3 are typically the same

I will try to recall to report in when it

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie

Hey @RobWilk!

I just wanted to touch base to see if you've seen any new instances of this behavior. Our Product Team is waiting on new examples and logs to be able to continue working on the issue.

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

No, not yet, but it seems to happen about once or twice a month when it happens. The hard part will be remembering to report it rather than fix kit.

When/if it happens, if i do the submit feedback thing, will that capture it— meaning if i do it while it's still broken (unfixed) is that better than if i edit the dates back (so i can use it) and then submit feedback?

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie

Hello @RobWilk,

Please submit the feedback while the issue is actively occurring, and the logs should capture everything that's occurred up to that point. And then just provide us with the details of the Reminder that was edited and subsequently reverted so the Product Team knows what to look for.

If the issue doesn't seem to be occurring after a bit more time has gone by, we can also just close the ticket and then reopen it if/when the behavior reoccurs. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's typically around the 15th to 21st of the month that it happens, though I didn't track it close enough to be certain — I remember thinking it may be tied to the original transaction scheduled dates

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie

Hey @RobWilk!

Just a reminder to keep an eye out for new instances of this behavior. I'm thinking if we can't get any new examples in the next few weeks, we'll go ahead and close out the ticket and then reopen it if/when the issue reoccurs. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

If it happens, it should be in the next 3-5 days. I will be on alert and TRY not to blindly just edit it back like i'm used to. Thus far, it's behaving normally (which is abnormal) this month.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, it happened, i sent feedback. It was for the social security deposit, I had previously hand edited the date for the next 6 months to be the third wednesday, but between yesterday and today they reset to the 16th (the 'default' date).

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Additional information, The 16th (the date they all reset to) just rolled onto the 6 month chart (that is, October 16th— is the last date showing on the 6 month chart) — from what I can tell, that is related as I've noticed it before.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie

Thank you, @RobWilk!

I let the Team know and sent over your fresh logs. I'll post back as soon as another update is received.

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coach Natalie I am going to hand edit the dates back — I am assuming anything useful is in those logs and not in my current dataset. Let me know if you would prefer i didn't —- i'm setting a alarm for 7pm ET to do that, as I know you go home by then, and after that i will reset the dates unless you tell me not to.

** This will probably happen with another reminder in about 5 days

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie

You can go ahead and reset the dates, @RobWilk. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.