From time to time, "manual" reminder dates reset to auto-dates

Options
2»

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Okay, as I started to edit dates back, slightly more informatIon: BOTH of my manually edited monthly transactions had reset — one batch to the 16th, the other batch (handed edited to day after 3rd wednesday) became the 21st again - I didn't notice or expect that at first.

No reply on this needed- just adding it if you can find it useful.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

May 18th, about 1 month later, and the day after an income, the income reminder transactions all reset to the 16th after having been individually edited to the third wednesday of each month. In other words, it's still happening, pretty reliably around 2nd-3rd week of month when these transactions would normally be entered.

Specifically, after the "Next occurence" has to be moved forward automatically seems to be when this is happening.

edit: both income and autosave reminders were reset, both were originally dated today and yesterday

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I did not edit the income recurring reminder, yet again today the manual dates reset - this is still happening.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not complaining, but just over a year later, this is still happening.

I understand this is difficult to reproduce.

Essentially, you have to make a one month recurring reminder, then manually edit each date for the next 6 months (I use the cash flow chart's upcoming area to manually edit), then know enough to catch when, once a month, those dates revert losing the manual edits to the date.

If I hand-edit a series (such as changing an amount), I expect it to revert. This is happening without editing the series.

It behaves as if i edited the series when i haven't.

For two recurring reminders, this is happening on different days of the month. But it happens around the same time of the month for each reminder/series.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Suggested detection method:

Create an equal deposit and withdrawal recurring reminder that are, say, 10 days apart

Hand-edit the next 6 monthd of one of them (don't edit the series) so they are one day apart

Watch the 6 month chart for when they reset back to 10 days apart, expect that it may take up to about 31 days, but allow 60 days.

It's not clear to me if they have to be matched as the dates hit, but i've been doing that automatically.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

One of mine officially reset at 2:04pm (all time US Eastern) today.

Around then, I may have had the mobile app open.

I know at 2:04pm because that's when I got an alert that my balance would go negative in november, based on a withdrawal (recurring) happening on the wrong date.

While in this case, the reminder had been manually deleted yesterday, the next date was today

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@RobWilk, it does look like this issue is being actively worked on. Other users have reported the same types of behavior, so it's definitely something we're taking a closer look at. This one seems to just need a bit more time. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie Awesome. I was afraid they gave up because they couldn't reproduce it.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@RobWilk, I'd let you know if that happened, and then I'd get new examples from you and reopen the ticket. 😉

-Coach Natalie

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think I've seen this sort of thing recently too! But I wasn't sure if I had edited the reminder and it reverted, or if I just hadn't edited it. Hoping it can be fixed soon :)

• flintster_99
    Options

This has been happening to me as well and I will submit feedback referencing this link. I've just changed the amount for a recurring reminder back from the default to the 'real' value for probably the 5th time. Thanks!

• flintster_99
    flintster_99 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

I submitted feedback and provided all logs just now but ran out of room on 'describe issue' so will post details here (Simplifi should allow more than 255 chars on that - it's hard to provide all the details in that space. I did link this thread so Simplifi should be able to correlate these details to the submission.

I have a recurring reminder for 'amazon cc' on the 28th. It is NOT linked to a biller.

When the CC closes out, I update the next instance of that reminder. In this case I updated it from 800 (the default) to 1053.44. I have updated this one instance in such a way probably 3 times since I started using Simplifi maybe 10 days ago - it keeps reverting back to 800. It has also happened on the Wells Fargo reminder, WF CC, several times - I updated it from the default to actual yesterday or the day before, and today it back to the default.

This is happening so often to me that it's surprising Simplifi can't reproduce it, so I would assume it's something very specific about the Simplifi account (since it's happening to me on many different reminders). Again I am new to simplifi in the last 10 days or so (but was using quicken since 1993 before that so am familiar with the concepts) - so it may be a good account to look at (not much noise).

Note I also just checked the Android app and the 'amazon cc' on the app still shows 800. I have been using both the app and website actively (switching back an forth) over the last 10 days. Maybe there is some synch issue where data in the app is cached and 'stale' and then something triggers the app to update some piece of data that happens to also incorrectly overwrite the reminder?

I actually LOVE simplifi even being a longtime quicken user… this is the one pesky thing! (…investment capabilities and retirement planning have missing features, but there is another service that I can get this from :)

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@EL1234 & @flintster_99, I'd love to get you both added to the ticket for this issue as additional examples. To do so, we need specific data as follows:

1. Confirm that the associated Recurring Series is not edited in any way after the Reminder edit/deletion is made.
    2. The original Date, Payee, and Amount of the Reminders in question.
    3. What exact edits were made to the Reminders in question, and when -OR- when were the Reminders in question deleted.
    4. When the Reminders in question reverted or returned.
    5. Confirm that the reversions that were made defaulted to the associated Recurring Series setup (i.e., the date or amount, etc. went back to the default for the Series).

After capturing these particular examples/events, please share fresh logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• flintster_99
    Options
    • Im going to leave this info in sections since I can't go back to get original information once the reversion happens. But for you #1… it is true that the series was not edited after the reminder was edited. But starting from now (11/24/23 3:15 PM eastern time):
    • 1. I just edited 'amazon cc' reminder, changing it from the 800 in the series to 1053.44. It is due in 4 days on 11/28
    • 2. The 'wf cc' recurring transaction due monthly on the 2nd is for 4000. I edited the reminder for Dec 2 to be 11,399.47 (that edit happened yesterday some time)
    • If I notice these change back, I'll add another comment…

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi! I'm with you on #1 that the series wasn't edited, and also that the reminder dates reverted immediately. I don't know how quickly I'll replicate since I duplicated some reminders with different dates to make them behave better, but if I see it happen, I'll be back!

• flintster_99
    Options

OK I got it to happen - yesterday I edited the Amazon CC series to be 800.01 - which did change the 1053.44 to 800.01 - as expected (..you could argue either way that is should or shouldn't change an already-overriden reminder but….)

Then I edited the amazon cc reminder for 11/28 back to 1053.44.

This morning it's back to 800.01

Sent the full feedback as requested with file as-is

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@EL1234 & @flintster_99, thanks!

At this point, it sounds like they may have narrowed down the root of the problem, and they're working on a fix. I'll let everyone know when an update is received, or if we end up needing further examples. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's great, thanks for the update!

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is this (hopefully?) the fix (3.93.0-3.93.2):

• FIXED: Reminder edits and deletions are reverting/returning.

@Coach Natalie ?

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@RobWilk, I'm so sorry this got missed!

Yes, the issue with Reminder edits/deletions reverting should be resolved, and we've heard back on other threads confirming such. I'm assuming you're good to go as well since I haven't heard back from you. Is that the case? 😀

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I think it is good - it's been more than one month, more than one payday, and so far as i've noticed it didn't reset… I'm happy this is resolved, I was almost getting used to the idea that it never would be. Thanks!

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.