Phone Widgets for android (edited)

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2022 in Feature Requests
I've heard rumors that the app supports widgets on IOS.  I personally think they would only be useful if it refreshes the data more frequently than when I open the app.  

But my concern: By all appearances the Widgets are not available on Android.  I have a large number of other android apps that support widgets on my phone, but Simpifi is not one.

Rob Wilkens

31 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Our Team is reviewing options for Android phone widgets!

Comments

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here’s what the widget looks like on iOS.  Rob is correct that it only updates when you open the app.  Though I’m not an Android user now, you’ve got my vote.  I really like widgets.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options

While my numbers aren't much better, this is my widget on my iPad (again, it's obvious the iPad app is the iphone app, but optionally magnified).

My Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra (phone) does not offer widgets for the Simplifi app.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello All,

I was able to confirm that although there are some phone widgets for iOS, we don't currently offer any for Android. This ability for Android is now being reviewed! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • iotr
    Options

Adding my vote

• TransferedMint
    Options

Hello it would he extremely beneficial to have not only widgets for andriod but multiple widgets with different functionalities.

For example:

A widget with just a sum balance summary

A widget with pending transactions and posted transactions

A widget with a breakdown of each account and their balance

A widget with Possibly a line graph of spending for the current month (including a cross line for comparing income would be great too)

a widget with a line graph for investment accounts only (it would be nice to see the movement of your accounts without having to open an app)

A simple widget with a loading bar of how your spending plan is going.

It would also be crucial to have a way to refresh without opening the app

Below are some examples from mint

• Kivaturi
    Options

I recently transferred from Mint. The ONLY functionality I need is an android widget they just displays accounts with balances and updates them regularly or on push. Bonus points if clicking on the account links to the account in the simplifi app.

Mint had a widget with this function. Currently, it appears no alternative has this ability. The first app that does so will have my long term business and I certainly hope it's Simplifi because otherwise it does everything I need it to do (I tried monarch previously which also lacked a widget with this functionality).

• Construct5292
    Options

+1 would love to see a transaction widget on Android. One of the only thing keeping me with Mint (and now Empower) over SimpliFi right now.

• Jeralmac
    Options

I would also like to see Android Widgets added.

• Vinorixus
    Vinorixus Member
    Options

Hello there!

I would like to add my voice to this as an IOS ex-mint user! The transactions widget was something that I would use on a daily basis to see my aggregated recent transactions across multiple accounts and make sure that everything is as expected. I’ll attach a screenshot of what the transactions on mint looked like on IOS :)

Thank you!

• S0th1s
    S0th1s Member
    Options

I am all for a mint-like widget with summary information for my accounts. I use this feature multiple time daily and find extremely useful for monitoring my finances. I am also using Rocket Money and they too need widgets. I am hoping you guys or a competitor implement this feature so I can enjoy seeing my finances at a glance. You will definitely keep me as a customer if you implement this feature request.