Ability to toggle 'Spent' tile on Dashboard to exclude/include account hidden from Reports (edited)

Options
papermuffins
papermuffins Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2022 in Feature Requests
In accounts, you can only select "Hide from Reports" however the 'Spent' Dashboard widget does not exclude the accounts you've selected to have hidden from reports.

This may be implemented by design, but the expectation from the ability to hide certain accounts from reporting includes the dashboard widgets as they are reports.

This always skews my overview and requires me to drill down.

[edited for clarity]
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @papermuffins,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior in Simplifi. 

Would you mind specifying which Dashboard tile(s) are including data from accounts that are ignored from Reports so we can take a closer look? Please also specify whether this is occurring on the Simplifi Web App, the Mobile App, or both. 

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • papermuffins
    papermuffins Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Howdy @Coach Natalie

It seems it's only the `Spent` one, that redirects to /transactions

I didn't look into the others before making the post, I should have.

Title update: Spent widget doesn't exclude accounts hidden from reports.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @papermuffins,

Thanks for confirming!

Since the 'Spent' widget redirects to transactions, I don't think this tile would qualify as a Report, and therefore accounts that are ignored from Reports would not be excluded here.

The widgets that do seem to redirect to Reports are 'Top Spending by Categories', 'Spending', and 'Income'. Are you seeing an issue with any of these widgets including data that shouldn't be included? 

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • papermuffins
    papermuffins Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Howdy @Coach Natalie,

I can appreciate that since they redirect to /transactions an argument could be made that it doesn't qualify as a report. However, taking into context the whole of those widgets, they're all summary reports on how the monthly finances are going with the Spent widget being the only one who doesn't follow the same pattern of excluding accounts that have been asked to be excluded.

If this can't be considered a bug because it redirects to a transaction list, please accept this as a feature request to be able to toggle Spent to exclude hidden accounts or include them.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Done, @papermuffins!

I went ahead and turned this into an Idea post requesting the ability to toggle the 'Spent' tile on the Dashboard to exclude/include accounts that are hidden from Reports. Please be sure to add your vote!

-Coach Natalie