Christmas Trivia!

Options
Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited January 2023 in The Water Cooler
We have some fun Christmas Trivia for everyone! No googling, please! Let us know which questions you know the answer to by commenting below, and leave the remaining questions for others who may know. Let's work as a community to get all of these questions answered! ☃️
  1. How many presents in total were given in the 12 Days of Christmas?
  2. What is Frosty the Snowman’s nose made of?
  3. Which president was the first to decorate the White House Christmas tree?
  4. What color are mistletoe berries?
  5. Which country is the largest exporter of Christmas trees?
  6. What ornaments do elves have on their shoes?
  7. How many ghosts show up in A Christmas Carol?
  8. Which country did eggnog come from?
  9. Which one of Santa's reindeer has the same name as another holiday mascot?
  10. Visions of which food danced in children's heads as they slept in the poem 'Twas The Night Before Christmas?
If you have an awesome Christmas Trivia question of your own, please don't hesitate to post it for the rest of us! Happy holidays, everyone! 🎄

Tagged:

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. A LOT!!!
    2. Some kind if vegetable that the kids wouldn't eat?
    3. Hmmmmm... let me think about this... yeah... nope, got nothin'
    4. I have no idea, I'm always to busy kissing whoever catches me standing under the mistletoe.
    5. Natural grown and harvested our artificial? If artificial I'll guess China  B)
    6. What? Elves wear shoes?!
    7. I'm thinking four... but it's been a while since I read that story or watched any of the movies based on it.
    8. Egg-uador? No, no... Egg-uatorial Guinea.  :open_mouth:
    9. OK, you got me on this one... no clue which one it could be... but then again I never could remember all their names.
    10. Oh, Oh, Oh, I got this one... plumb pudding, no, sugar pudding... no, no, it was sugar-plumbs!
    Happy Holidays to ALL!
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. 12+11+10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1 = Simplifi needs a calculator i can use :-), 78?
    2. Coal, in part, Snow in Part, A Carrot, in part
    3. Trick Question, they have staff for that
    4. Red from memory of seeing one
    5. China or Mexico
    6. Bells, maybe
    7. Past, Present, and Future - and was it ghost of bob cratchet to warn of them, so 4
    8. Eggnog might be from the US, it's certainly fatty enough to be a US Food in origin
    9. Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet Cupid, Vixen, Donner Blitzen, Rudolph, no idea?
    10. "Visions of Sugar Plumbs Danced in their heads"...   I don't think I've ever dreamed or fantasized about sugar plumbs before, I'm not even sure what a sugar plumb is

Rob Wilkens

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    9 is Cupid, who's the mascot of St. Valentine's Day.

Mistletoe berries are white, aren't they?

I'll guess Canada for Christmas Trees.

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't Cleveland who first decorated a White House tree.  I am certain that TR had one.

Eggnog seems British to me.  Or Scandinavian.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see we haven't gotten more comments @Coach Natalie.  There isn't much information on exporter of Christmas trees, but I was thinking real trees, and the US mostly grows its own.  Obviously most people now have artificial trees, and they all come from China.  I was right about eggnog and mistletoe berries being white.

There is disagreement on the first White House tree.  I was very close with Cleveland.  The first verified tree was put up by his successor/predecessor.  Although some claim that the 14th president, 1853-1857, was first.  TR turned against Christmas trees for a while because of conservation concerns but his sons convinced him that they could be planted, and it was around that time that tree farms cropped up.

I miss real Christmas trees.  I have one from China.  I wish we would make these in the US or Mexico.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Here's the answers to the trivia questions (according to my sources): 
    1. How many presents in total were given in the 12 Days of Christmas? 364
    2. What is Frosty the Snowman’s nose made of? A button
    3. Which president was the first to decorate the White House Christmas tree? Franklin Pierce
    4. What color are mistletoe berries? White
    5. Which country is the largest exporter of Christmas trees? Canada
    6. What ornaments do elves have on their shoes? Bells
    7. How many ghosts show up in A Christmas Carol? Four
    8. Which country did eggnog come from? England
    9. Which one of Santa's reindeer has the same name as another holiday mascot? Cupid
    10. Visions of which food danced in children's heads as they slept in the poem 'Twas The Night Before Christmas? Sugar plums
    There appears to be some debate on number 3. Google says: "President Franklin Pierce is said to have had the first indoor Christmas tree at the White House during the 1850s, variously reported as 1853 or 1856. More credible sources state that it was, in fact, President Benjamin Harrison who had the first indoor tree (either in 1888, 1889, or 1891)."

For number 5, Canada is the largest exporter of natural trees. 

Have a safe and happy holiday, everyone! 
This discussion has been closed.