Global search

Options
MinB
MinB Member ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Feature Requests
Please add a global search feature.

I'd like the option to search my entire account for any data. The ability to do a global search by keyword, amount, category, tag, payee, or goal would be of tremendous help.

I've been setting up & figuring out how to organize my categories over the last couple of weeks (creating category labels with their sub-categories, re-naming and moving & adjusting hierarchy- just generally figuring out how to set-up) and I'm really starting to home in on a system and well, simplify things. But I end up spending time digging for various info and wishing for an easier way to find things- if only there was a search function on the page, it'd truly make things simplified!

1 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

The ability to search transactions is already available in Simplifi!

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can search your entire dataset by going to 'net worth' and searching.  It appears to search all the fields, even though you can't specify which one to search for.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @MinB,

Thanks for posting your request to the Community!

As @RobWilk mentioned, the ability to search transactions in Simplifi is already available. In addition to performing searches, you can also apply filters to your transactions. 

Based on your description above, it sounds like this is what you're looking for. However, if you're looking for the ability to search the 'Categories & tags' page specifically, please be sure to add your vote and feedback here

Let us know if you have any questions!

-Coach Natalie
  • MinB
    MinB Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you to RobWilk and Coach Natalie! I am actually looking for the ability to search categories & tags. I'll add my vote to that link you provided. Thanks!!