What is Santa bringing this year?

Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited January 2023 in The Water Cooler
Whether you've been naughty or nice, what are you really hoping for from Santa this year? If it's your kids or grandkids that have a wish or two for Santa, we'd love to hear those too!

I'll start! This may sound corny, but I'm honestly just hoping for a great time with my family from Santa this year. My family has been apart a lot over the years for the holidays, and this is the first year we'll mostly all be together. Not only that, but I am hosting Christmas dinner for the first time ever! I'm looking forward to a great day and great times with family!

Merry Christmas, everyone! 🎄

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping your Holiday Dinner get-together goes well.

I'm mostly giving for Christmas and just for my sister and nieces.  (And no, i can't afford to give 'too much', I'm spending under $200 this year).

I'm not expecting to 'get' anything. Mom always buys me stuff throughout the year and says, "it's for your birthday" or "it's for Christmas," but we never wait for the day.  As is, this past month, she gave me $125 cash (which, it turns out, almost pays for the entirety of my gifts to my sister's family).  

I will say maybe ten or so years ago, when I started receiving no gifts on Christmas, it was a bit of a shock, and I felt hurt by it.  At this point, I accept and expect nothing (other than, of course, the get-togethers).

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    #Letusknow

Happy Holidays to all!

The g-kids will get a variety of gifts from us... my wife loves buying gifts and it often escalates as she finds one more thing for one of the g-kids then "needs" to balance it out by adding something for each of the others :smiley:  She did this with our kids back in the day which made for some fun Christmas mornings.

We'll have everyone at our house on Christmas Eve for Christmas snacks, photos and gift exchange. This year we did a "Secrete Santa" kind of thing each of us drawing a name and then buying something for that person. Christmas Day will be a smaller affair with just some of the family hanging out for the day.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.