Share your favorite holiday tradition!

Options
Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited February 2023 in The Water Cooler
To wrap up the holiday season, let's hear your favorite holiday tradition! Whether it's Christmas, New Year's, Hannukah, or any other holiday you celebrate this time of year, tell us your favorite tradition by commenting below. 

If you don't have a favorite tradition, that's ok too! Let us know what you did for Christmas this year, or what your plans are for New Year's Eve. 

I'll go first -- my favorite holiday tradition is for Christmas, and we always open one present on Christmas Eve night. We've done this since I was a kid, and we still get together for it each year.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!
Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    There were traditions like Christmas eve get-togethers that ended as people aged and moved away.  

We did go on a 2-day mini-vacation to Hershey Park this year with my sister's family - while not much was operating, this park is only a 3-4 hour drive from home.  We got back from this yesterday.

Last year, I couldn't do it, but new years resolutions are always to lose weight.  I say that after just having eaten Reese's pieces, Pepperoni, and 2 Oreos, alongside my 2 sliders for lunch (It's easy to say I care about my weight, but harder to actually care).

In terms of weight loss efforts, about 1-2 weeks ago, I started experimenting with intermittent fasting (Using a myfitnesspal premium feature), where (ideally) for 12 hours a day I don't eat.  I set this up as 8 pm-8 am, which basically gets rid of the late-night snacking.  Of course, last night in the fast period, I did have one 150-calorie bag of chips, but for most of the prior 7 days, I successfully avoided eating during that time.

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For New Years... spending the night on the Rose Parade route and pretty much sleeping through the parade!  :D
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Chrobrego
    Chrobrego Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    What does this have to do with the software?  You're cluttering up the message board. 
This discussion has been closed.