Issues with linking manual transactions to a recurring reminder

Options
System
System Administrator admin
edited February 2023 in Managing Your Transactions
This discussion was created from comments split from: Account Transfers downloaded transactions not recognized.

Comments

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @Coach Natalie,

Just to let you know, I'm also experiencing the problems with not being able to link individual transactions in Manual accounts to a recurring transaction.  I'm still - it's taking me a crazy long time - trying to figure out the best way to set up a "Cash Envelope" system (click here) in Simplifi.  However, at the moment, I keep running into issues like what I think @Strahan001is experiencing.

In my case, I have these two recurring transactions...

The downloaded side seems works with little fuss.  With a little tweaking and a few more months, I'm sure I'll resolve any outstanding issues I'm currently having on this side.

However, the manual side is a different story.  When there is a manually entered transaction like this...

There no way I've found to link the transaction to the recurring transaction (the one in the blue bar from 3 days ago).  Regardless of how I search, I get this screen...

The two ways I can think of to resolve it would be:
    1. Simplifi fixes whatever blocks us from searching for Recurring transactions in Manual Accounts.
    2. Simplifi adds this button to the dropdown for the Recurring Transaction.  I like this option better for some reason.

Hopefully, this adds some more detail to this string...and doesn't just confuse things more.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Coach Natalie,

Well, that's strange, and this bug would help to explain why things seemed so random and inconsistent.  When I tried linking it from the Blue Checkmark's end, I was able to find the transaction (2nd screenshot).  When I tried linking it from the Red X's end, I wasn't able to find it (3rd screenshot).

I'm not sure if that helps @Strahan001 any, but I think it's somehow related.

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Flopbot,

Thank you for taking the time to post to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties linking a transaction to a Recurring Reminder. 

What @Strahan001 was experiencing was issues with manually entered Linked Transfer transactions and one side not properly linking to the bank downloaded transaction; the issue was unrelated to Recurring Reminders. 

For what you're experiencing with linking a manual transaction to a Recurring Reminder, you must link it from the transaction directly since the transaction is manual. The steps to do so are available in our Support Article here under the section titled "You can also link a transaction to a Reminder from the transaction directly".

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Coach Natalie,

I see.  I have manual transactions linked to both kinds of Recurring Reminders and have experienced 'weirdnesses' with both of them.  Unfortunately, I only get to practice with them once a month so the testing and troubleshooting is slow going!

• All these represent transfers between a linked checking account and a manual cash account.
    • The first two represent the two separate sides of the transfer.
    • The third represents a normal transfer where both sides are contained in one reminder.
    I created an Idea Post (click here) related to this split-off discussion.
    Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.