Has anyone had success accessing USAA while using Symantec VIP?

Micah S
Micah S Member
edited February 2023 in Adding and Updating Accounts
I can get it linked by using my username and pin+token in the password field and 0000 in the pin field it shows my accounts but then fails to connect or import anything.
I see this has been an ongoing issue for Simplifi I know other budget software's that make it work not sure why it would not work with this.
I will not be doing manual import or reducing my account security and annoyingly I already paid.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Micah S,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

If I remember correctly, we've looked into using Symantec VIP with USAA before and found that it's not something we support currently. Although there are some ongoing issues with USAA (please see here and here), we will be switching to USAA's API sometime soon, and we are hoping that doing so will resolve the issues our users are experiencing. 

With that said, I'd suggest allowing some time for USAA's API to be active in our system to see if you are then able to successfully connect your accounts in Simplifi. 

We appreciate your patience!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Micah S
    Micah S Member
    Well I will be waiting, anyway to get a notification when it is integrated? Because I wont be using it until that is working if I had not already paid for the year I would be canceling until this is working.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Micah S,

Great question!

I'd suggest following our Alert for USAA for a resolution on the known issues, and you can also follow this Idea post requesting OAuth APIs, as this will be updated as new API connections become available. For more details on following Community threads, please see our FAQ here.

You can also keep an eye on our Help Center for any new Support Articles regarding USAA, as we will publish one that goes over the new connection just as we did for Chase and PayPal. 

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.