Add a 'Projected Running Balance' to the Projected Cash Flow graph (edited)

Options
Chrobrego
Chrobrego Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in Feature Requests
I get why you don't have a running balance. However, your solution of the Projected Balance running on top in graph form isn't the greatest. It's tedious to use and doesn't give the immediate response of a numerical balance column -- ie. I'm not happy to have to move my cursor over the graphical bits in order to see where my balance will land. 

A possible hybrid solution:  just allow the option to have a column in numerical form running as a 'projected running balance' on the far right of the register.   This would satisfy the concerns of the developers since they want to sync with the current balance and allow users to quickly see how their balance likely will change as they make entries without having to do gymnastics with our computer mice. 
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Chrobrego,

Thanks for posting your suggestion to the Community!

Since the Product Team has already declined to add a running balance column to account registers, and since projected items are in the Projected Cash Flow graph as opposed to the account register, I went ahead and turned this into an Idea post requesting a 'Projected Running Balance' in the Projected Cash Flow graph specifically, which should cover what you're looking for when it comes to not having to move your cursor over each item in the graph to see the projected balance. 

I hope this works for you! 

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Chrobrego, you might consider just always checking your projected balance from the Mobile App instead since this displays it in a way that I think you’d like more - with digits.

For me, it’s why I don’t check my Projected Balance on mobile, because I personally don’t like the interface; maybe you would though?
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.