Suggestion Box: Mobile App Should Sync in Background (when not in use)

RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2023 in Feedback

I was looking at some feedback here and in the google play store. I was thinking about the comments that reported the Simplifi app is slow to load. I believe these folks are referring to the time when the app is syncing data when you first open it. This could easily be resolved if Simplifi could instead ‘auto sync’ in the background every 6 hours or whatever and then do any incremental (partial) updates when the app is opened.

Also, it probably should be more clear that when the Simplifi app is syncing you can still use it. That refreshing icon kinda looks like a wait icon, but while it's syncing you can use it i believe. I imagine this may not be an ‘easy’ fix, I'm not convinced it needs high priority, but I think this might improve the users exerience in the app.

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Community!

We do have an existing Idea post available here requesting the ability to automatically update accounts in the background without having to open the app; it looks like you've already added your vote and a comment.

With that said, however, the issues with latency on the Mobile App are not due to syncing with banks. From my understanding, the issues are caused by multiple systems being utilized in the backend to access/sync different points of data. Our Product Team is currently working on rebuilding the Mobile App to where only one system is being utilized for all data, which should speed things up.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.