Only one side of ignored Recurring Linked Transfers are being ignored from the Spending Plan

Options
System
System Administrator admin
edited May 2023 in Report a Bug
This discussion was created from comments split from: Confused About Credit Cards (and Transfers In General).

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Coach Natalie !

Sounds like we have some interesting features coming up and I can't wait for them!

I deleted the credit card transfer as you suggested, but I'm still see half the tranfer showing up as not ignored:

Coincidentally, I am seeing a recurring linked transfer in Other Spending at this very moment. I thought I had done something wrong, but maybe it's your bug.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello @ajbopp,

Thanks for giving that a try and posting back!

We can go ahead and escalate what you're seeing with only one side of the Recurring Linked Transfer being ignored in the Spending Plan, however, we do need some additional information from you first:

1. The browser and browser OS you're using to access Simplifi.
    2. The OS of the computer you're accessing Simplifi from.
    3. If you use the Simplifi Mobile App, please also confirm whether the issue is occurring there or not.
    4. Provide a screenshot of the Bills section of the Spending Plan that is not blocked by the Edit Series window and has a wider scope so we can see the Name, Amount, and Status of the Recurring Transfers.

And please also upload your logs via the ‘Send Feedback’ option:

1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send

As for the second part of your post, to clarify, are you tracking an account in Simplifi called “Cat Treats”? Or is that the Expense Category that was used for the Recurring Series? If the latter, it wouldn't be a Recurring Linked Transfer; instead, it looks like the transaction just needs to be linked to the associated Recurring Subscription so it's moved from Other Spending to Subscriptions. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    1. Browser: Chrome for Android
    2. OS: Android 13 with OneUI and using Samsung Dex
    3. I verified the issue also occurs on the Android mobile app
    4. Requested screenshot:

I sent logs, but I suspect they won't be of much help. I had to use my Windows computer, which hardly ever gets turned on anymore. Is there a way to send feedback on Android using an external keyboard?

Never mind, I just figured out the ALT key works on Android as well, so I sent logs again from my Android device.

Also, FWIW, this is how it looks on the mobile app.

Anthony Bopp

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie

I have found something of a workaround to this issue. If I go the actual account that has the “not ignored” half of the transaction (in this case the platinum card account) and click on the carousel card for the transaction to edit it, I can see that the checkboxes for Ignore are unchecked. If I go ahead and check them, then both sides of the transfer are successfully ignored.

However, I have to do this for each month's occurance of the transaction, so that's not ideal either.

Anthony Bopp

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @ajbopp,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-15510

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

I think I posted about the same thing this morning too, not having seen these posts until just now. I apologize for any duplication.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

I want to add to this discussion: Historical recurring linked transactions don't seem to have this problem for me (that is, ones that haven't been edited/created recently). It appears this is only when I newly edit or create a linked recurring transaction. Not sure if that's useful or not.

EDIT: It's not clear that what i wrote here is 100% correct, it was an initial observation

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @ajbopp & @RobWilk,

The fix for this issue is expected with the 3.75.0 Web Release and the 4.0.0 Mobile Release. Please let us know if you're still seeing an issue after those releases!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey again @ajbopp & @RobWilk,

It looks like the fix for the Mobile App was pushed to 4.1.0. The Web App is still set for 3.75.0. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Spending plan is mostly meaningless again…

Transfers are showing up as one-sided "bill" credits..

For example,

under subscriptions i have $22.99 youtube premium

But under bills:

I have a +$22.99 (transfer) credit "paid" (not greyed out) that is affecting the bills total

and I have a -$22.99 (other side of transfer) deduction that is greyed out (ignored)

The long and short of it, is that while bills might normally be (guessing) $200 right now they're around $40 because of this.

I understand this is part of a work in progres, I just want someone to know this is brreaking things as-is.

i would include screenshots, but i have an appointment in half an hour, it's a 20 minute drive, and i have to get going

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie — "got it" that this was the issue we discussed over a month ago… Between then and now I've spent 2 weeks in Disney World and last weekend at Hershey Park and kind of as a result i've been a little less active here.

Also, I sort of feel like for the short term I should avoid generating too many requests for features and fixes to give the development team time to address the current batch..

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks, @RobWilk!

Yes, this issue should be resolved as of the 3.75.0 Web Release, which is when they will be releasing the new "Transfers" bucket I do believe.

I hope you enjoyed your travels!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.