Extend Spending Plan to 3 years (edited)

Options
slopokdave
slopokdave Member
edited March 2023 in Feature Requests

Hello,

I like to plan 24-36 months in advance so that I can keep track of long term spending plans, annual bonus payouts, etc. Is it possibe to extend the time period to 36 months for spending plans and the cashflow chart? Thank you so much, so far this is by far the best product (for my needs) that I have tried, and I have tired them ALL. :)

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I voted for this, but this would be more useful when one could, for example, set vehicle registration reminders to ‘every 2 years’ which i don't believe is an option now (i.e. I'd like more frequency options, which is a separate idea).

Rob Wilkens

• slopokdave
    slopokdave Member
    Options

That makes sense. I briefly trialed Quicken Desktop and I noticed they had some other frequency options that make sense, such as paychecks every 4-weeks. The same options should be in Simplifi. I get paid twice a month, but they are different amounts; every 4-weeks would be better for me. :)

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Not meaning to argue with the necesity of this Idea Post - I do see the value in wanting to plan that far out. Someday, maybe I'll get there. However, I don't see this truely being realistic until Simplifi develops some sort of "Annual View" of the Spending Plan…or at least a better way to navigate between months/years.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to click this button 35 times just to edit some transaction in February 2026. My frustration sharts to build when I have to do it just 3 times!

@slopokdave am I misunderstanding your original idea? Is this what you're invisioning…wanting to be able to click out 3 years using these buttons?

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello @slopokdave,

Thanks for posting your suggestions to the Community!

Since you only want to include one request per Idea post, I went ahead and turned this post into a request for an extension in the Spending Plan only. Instead of creating a separate Idea post requesting that the Projected Cash Flow graph be extended as well, you can just vote and add your feedback to the existing one here!

Also, as @RobWilk mentioned, we have a request for additional Reminder Frequency options that can be found here. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• slopokdave
    slopokdave Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

ideally I would like to be able to jump to future months by just clicking in a calendar, but, baby steps. :)