Improved 2 factor integration for multiple accounts in web app?

Options
bmeyers
bmeyers Member ✭✭

I have many accounts that utilize 2 factor authentication and updating information is very cumbersome in the web app.

As soon as I log in, I'm instantly hit with a barrage of prompts to obtain and provide the second factor. The application seemingly gets very confused as well, because several fail even though the proper second factor is entered.

By contrast, when I login to the mobile app, I see a nice neat little message that says something to the effect of “5 accounts need updating" with a single button next to it that says “fix it”. If I want to just check some stuff out, I move along my merry way. If I want to go through the update process, I click fix it and step through accounts that I'd like to update.

Is there a setting or any way to get the web app to operate in a similar fashion to the mobile app?

This process - while necessary - is a tedious process every time I want to use the web app.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @bmeyers,

Thanks for posting your feedback to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you experience this behavior when completing MFA on the Simplifi Web App.

This issue was previously reported (please see here), and our Product Team did some research into the cause. From my understanding, when performing MFA with multiple banks, the prompts can tend to overlap each other, as they are given in the order received, and some banks update faster than others.

Based on your description of how this flow works in the Mobile App, it sounds like it may be possible to implement a scheduled or delayed MFA flow on the Web App as well. I'm not sure if the Product Team is still looking into this behavior, but I think the best bet at this time would be to create an Idea post here in the Community requesting an MFA flow similar to the Mobile App (please be sure to be as detailed as possible regarding the flow on Mobile).

Doing so should give the Product Team an idea of how many users would like to see this change made to the Simplifi Web App, as well as give a good comparison between Mobile (good flow) and Web (bad flow).

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.