National Financial - myStreetscape periodic FDP-106 Errors

Options
perrynmyers
perrynmyers Member ✭✭✭✭

I reported this earlier in the following (now closed) discussion:

I have been able to get connected to myStreetscape again, but periodically the connection will break with an FDP-106 error.

"This usually happens if an account nickname or number has changed at your bank. To fix you must reconnect your account."

Resetting the connection does not help when it is in this state.

Sometimes, after a time (a few days or a week), it'll regain the ability to connect. But it appears that the connection with this institution is simply unstable.

I have reported this on a support ticket, but they gave me the following link as the "resolution":

https://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/account-transaction-issues/error-106--324--168--or-999-when-downloading-in-quicken-essentials-for-mac/GEN82872.html.

Two issues with that support article. One is that it's for Quicken Essentials on a Mac (and I'm using Simplifi on a Windows PC) and secondly, that URL is not resolvable.

The link uses a hostname (quicken.intuit.com) that is not DNS resolvable even by Google's DNS servers (8.8.8.8). See this test:

[removed for privacy]

Compare that to:

[removed for privacy]

intuit.com has address [removed for privacy]
intuit.com mail is handled by 5 mx1.intuit.iphmx.com.
intuit.com mail is handled by 5 mx2.intuit.iphmx.com.

Can someone assist with this FDP-106 error, or perhaps provide a non-broken link to the support article above?

Thanks,

Perry

Tagged:

Comments

• perrynmyers
    perrynmyers Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Note: The FDP-106 error disappeared just now when I tried reconnecting to the FI. It looks like the FDP-106 is a transient error, with unknown cause (yet determined).

I don't consider this situation resolved yet, because I've seen this FDP-106 error come up, resolve without warning, and then come up again multiple times over the past few weeks.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @perrynmyers,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to National Financial - myStreetscape in Simplifi.

Since the error is no longer occurring, it's not something we'll be able to escalate. I did confirm from our end as well that your most recent connection attempt resulted in a successful refresh. It's possible that the bank is making some changes on their end, or maybe they're performing maintenance, which is the cause of the intermittent error.

For future reference, if you receive the 106 error again and it does not self-resolve, you can follow the steps outlined in our Support Article here to troubleshoot a 106 error (these steps are for Simplifi).

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• perrynmyers
    perrynmyers Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Thanks.

When the issue reoccurs (which I expect will be in the next week, given the pattern I've observed), I'll reply here so we can address the issue at that time.

That said, the article above does not resolve the problem, for what it's worth. When I get the FDP-106 from myStreetscape, resetting the connection as described in the article you linked doesn't resolve the issue.

The issue will just randomly resolve on its own at some indeterminate point in the future. And the issue will come back up periodically after resolving as well at some further indeterminate point.

It's worth noting that error code says an account number or nickname changed at my financial institution But as far as I can tell the account numbers and names with my FI have been the same the entire time.

If my account numbers or names have not been changing at my FI why would I be getting an FDP-106 in the first place?

Thanks,

Perry

• perrynmyers
    perrynmyers Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie, the FDP-106 errors continue to be a problem for myStreetscape accounts. I can confirm now that this is affecting more than just a single login to myStreetscape since I am getting periodic FDP-106 errors (daily) on two separate logins to that site (one account is under my wife's login and one is under mine).

What I saw yesterday was both of those accounts getting FDP-106, and resetting connections did not resolve the issues. On connection reset if would still be FDP-106.

Then later in the afternoon on the same day, the FDP-106 mysteriously went away and I was able to sucessfully reset the connection and things worked. (For both separate logins)

Then this morning, it went back to FDP-106 again, prompting me to reset the connection.

I do have a support case open, but so far, they keep telling me every day that the issue is resolved. But the problem is that the issue comes back the very next day again.

Thanks,

Perry

• perrynmyers
    perrynmyers Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

We can close this discussion. I've resolved the problem by simply deleting all of my Investment related FIs from Simplifi and I've moved them to another product for FI aggregation which seems to not have these issues. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.