Upcoming Balance Graph

dwhieb
dwhieb Member
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

I'd like to see a graph of my upcoming account balance, using known bills and income.

Ideally, there would be a dropdown above this graph that allows me to choose which account I'd like to see upcoming balances for, or a combined view with all of them.

This graph could even work for credit card accounts, if the available balance on the card is treated as the account balance. Then you could see how much you have left to spend before hitting your credit limit.

This is an extremely important feature for people on tight budgets or with unpredictable income, who need to be able to look a month or two in advance to see if their account might dip into the negative. Quicken has this feature, and it's absolutely essential for me.

I think this graph would go well on either the Transactions page under the Planned section, or as part of the Spending Plan (ideally both, perhaps with an option to display/hide).

I love the spending plan model in Simplifi, but it doesn't take into account the fact that I don't have all my money for the month right up front. So I can't actually spend all of the money in the Left to Spend category. An upcoming account balance graph would fix this.

Really love the approach and look of Simplifi. I'd be excited to switch to it if this feature were implemented!

1 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Simplifi now offers a Projected Cash Flow chart above each account register that is based on Recurring Bills and Income. Additionally, in the Upcoming section, a Cash Flow tab is now available that has a Projected Flow Chart that can be customized to which accounts you'd like to view.

Comments

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭

This is a terrific idea! Just to check, the existing "Projected Balance" option that comes up when you select a single account doesn't do what you're looking for, right? Here's what that one looks like:

This discussion has been closed.