Share something interesting about where you live!

Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited May 2023 in The Water Cooler

Each state is unique with its own culture and economy. Since our Simplifi users are from all over the US, we'd love to hear something interesting about where you live!

I'll go first! Everyone knows that Idaho is famous for its potatoes, but did you know that we actually have a potato hotel?! The Big Idaho Potato Hotel is a giant (fake) potato that was turned into a hotel. Pretty cool!

https://idahopotato.com/big-idaho-potato-hotel

Fun fact: Although I have never stayed at the Big Idaho Potato Hotel, I have gone out and fed the cow at the Hotel — her name is Dolly!

Tagged:

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

I live in the southern end of the Cental Valley of CA. Right now, due to "excessive" rain in the Valley and snow pack in the Sierras just to the east of us Lake Tulare, which has been mostly dry for over 100 years is filling up! Hopefully the roads that traverse this area are open when our next trip to the coast comes up in a couple of monthhs or we will be taking a long detour aournd this off-again-on-again lake. Oh, btw, this like dried up when people started farming in the Central Valley and as dams were built on the contributory rivers that fed this lake to divert water to farming and domestic use.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.