Is there a way to enter a future transaction where the amount will deduct from my total? (edited)

Options
Travelmom
Travelmom Member
edited June 2023 in Getting Started

Hello,

Is there a way to enter a future transaction where the amount will deduct from my total so I have a real time balance? It seems to only deduct the amount if the transaction is manually entered with today's date? There is no "check register" type function. If not, does Quicken Deluxe have this feature?

Thank you

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Travelmom,

Thank you for posting your inquiry to the Community!

When entering a future-dated transaction, the transaction becomes part of the 'Upcoming' modal and will not be shown in the account register until the day of. Due to this design, you'll be able to instead see the transaction reflected in your Projected Cash Flow and the Projected Balance displayed there. Our Support Article here goes over using Projected Cash Flow in Simplifi.

With that said, we do have an existing Idea post requesting that future-dated transactions be displayed in account registers that I'd definitely suggest adding your vote and feedback to:

In regards to Quicken, future-dated transactions will be shown in the account register, but there will be a line separating current transactions from future transactions (for QMac, anyway). The future-dated transactions will only impact the Projected Balance of the account, however, since Quicken has a running balance column, it makes it a little bit easier to see what your balance will be after that transaction. If you have further inquiries on how Quicken works, I'd suggest reaching out to their Community directly.

https://community.quicken.com/

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• JoD
    JoD Member
    Options

I'm 73 years old and used Quicken 4 or so years ago. Does Simplifi have the Quicken function "future-dated transactions will be shown in the account register, but there will be a line separating current transactions from future transactions"? Or do I need to purchase Quicken to get this function? That is the only function I need,

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @JoD,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

As mentioned above for Simplifi: "When entering a future-dated transaction, the transaction becomes part of the 'Upcoming' modal and will not be shown in the account register until the day of." Therefore, Simplifi does not currently offer the ability to see future-dated transactions in account registers. This is something that is available in Quicken, so I'd definitely suggest giving Quicken a try.

https://www.quicken.com/product-selector/reverse-nst

If you have any additional questions in regard to Quicken, you'll want to post to Quicken's Community. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• JoD
    JoD Member
    Options

Thank you!!

This discussion has been closed.