Recurring Transactions should adjust the 'Next Date' based on the Frequency and the last transaction

Options
Norm6257
Norm6257 Member ✭✭✭
edited January 30 in Feature Requests

When setting up a recurring transaction from an existing transaction, the dialog currently (as of May, 2023) asks for Next Date first, then the payment frequency.

The order of those two fields should be reversed, with the Frequency being requested first, followed by the Next Date. This would allow the Next Date to automatically default to the next date based on the frequency selected. For example if I'm on a current transaction for May 9, 2023 and I select a Yearly freequency, the Next Date field could automatically default to May 9, 2024.

I often have made "errors" when setting up recurring transactions because I set the freequency but forget to back up a step and corret the Next Date field. I'm not the only one who has experienced this. See

[edited title]

7 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Norm6257,

Thanks for posting your suggestion to the Community!

I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post so other users can vote on it and our Product Team can review it. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• Satch
    Satch Member
    Options

Idea? It's a bug. Should be fixed, not voted on.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Voted for this. Too frequently, I enter annual expenses and wind up having to edit not just the year but also the month.

Rob Wilkens