Pending transactions not clearing

Options
SanMarzano
SanMarzano Member
edited June 2023 in Report a Bug

Should pending transactions clear from simplify when they are no longer part of the CC bill? For example when you go to a resturant, and the bill is $50 you see a pending transaction for $50, but you then tip and another pending transition shoes for $60. The in a few days the $50 transaction drops and the $60 transaction stays. I am not seeing the pending transactions drop from Simplifi. Is this a bug or do I manually have to delete?

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @SanMarzano,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

If two transactions appear on the bank's website, and both of them download into Simplifi, I don't think Simplifi would delete one of the transactions once it falls off on the bank's end, as the aggregation is intended to download transactions only. When connected to a bank, Simplifi is designed to download new transactions and match those to any existing transactions, including matching a cleared transaction to a pending transaction. Since the transaction in question never actually clears the bank, and since Simplifi doesn't delete data on your behalf, I'd say that the best solution would be to manually delete the transaction that never cleared.

Other users who have experience with this scenario may come along with additional feedback for you, however, this is my understanding of how this would work.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

This discussion has been closed.