How to add annuities?

Options
Diver4242
Diver4242 Member ✭✭

How do we add annuities? I'd assume they have to be added manually, but don't see them in any of the asset lists or anywhere else. Either for deferred ones not paying out yet (future value?) or ones that have started payments.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Diver4242,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

I was hoping another user who's tracking annuities in Simplifi would come along with great advice for you, but I will take a crack at this. To clarify, are you looking to connect the account in question to the bank, or would you be tracking it manually? If the latter, are you wondering how you'd track the transactions, which account type to use, etc.?

I'm not personally familiar with annuities, and I'm not sure how this type of account would be added if connected to the bank, but from what I've read, it sounds like a form of investment. Have you looked at possibly adding the account as an "Other Investment" type? This would allow you to add Cash Holdings to track the value of the account. Otherwise, there is also an "Other Asset" option.

Here's a list of all of the account types currently supported in Simplifi: http://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6060379-what-account-types-are-supported-in-simplifi

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Diver4242
    Diver4242 Member ✭✭
    Options

Right, we haven't started payments on the two annuities, so they're just "assets" right now. I didn't see annuity under the assets list, so I guess we'll just put other. It would be good for Simplifi to add them proper. They actually need to be adjusted for present value, as they consist of a lifelong series of payments when they start.

This discussion has been closed.