Linking to a reoccurring bill on the split screen exists form with out saving other edits

Options
FinTechMan
FinTechMan Member ✭✭
edited June 2023 in Managing Your Transactions

when i am in the split transaction screen and i have made several edits to categories and then i click the link to existing reoccurring bill the screen links but it closes and does not save my other split category work

1. come into split transaction window

2) split the transaction

3) click the "Mark as Bill or recurring" and select link to existing bill or subscription and link

4. transaction closes and links but when you come back into the transaction all splits and notes are gone but bill is now linked

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @FinTechMan,

Thanks for posting to the Community regarding this behavior, although I apologize for any frustration incurred.

When linking a transaction to a Recurring Reminder/Series, the transaction will be updated to match the Payee and Category of the Series. This is mentioned in our Support Article here: "Once linked, Simplifi will remove the Recurring Reminder from the Upcoming view and match it to the downloaded transaction. The Payee and Category of the transaction will also be updated to match the details of the Reminder. "

With that said, we do recommend linking a transaction to the Reminder/Series before making any other customizations to it. Once linked, you'll be able to edit the transaction and add splits, etc., and have those changes retained. Our #TipTuesday here has more details on this.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.