Periodic Summary Report, leading to Spending Plan Guidance & Suggestions (edited)

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2023 in Feature Requests

As a user, I want Simplfi to help me understand how to refine my Spending Plan by showing me a report that includes Quarter, Semi-Annual, and Annual summaries in a similar fashion to the Monthly Summary Report. The report will be able to provide guidance on actions I can take to modify my Spending Plan so that it more accurately reflects averages over the given time period.

For instance, I would receive suggestions about raising/lowering my Savings Goals, increasing/decreasing particular recurring spending items like Groceries (which are rarely the same amount from one period to the next).

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ajbopp,

Thanks for sharing your suggestion with the Community!

Based on your description, I think we may have a similar request, and it's something that's already planned by the Product Team. I'm not sure that their plans include the ability to receive suggestions per se, however, it will allow for "what if" scenarios and highlight trends with a "forecast sliders" tool.

I'm not sure where the Product Team is at with these enhancements, but I do believe they're a ways out. I wanted to share the other Idea post to see if it's essentially what you're looking for:

Please let me know, thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

in my mind's eye, I'm seeing something that will look at spending items budgeted vs actual, and use any discrepancies to address over/under amounts for the given time period.

"You have $448 of unspent money this month. You have budgeted $150 per week for groceries, but you normally spend about $120. Would you like to adjust your groceries budget? Also, would you like to adjust your Savings Goals so that more of your excess is planned for the future?"

That sort of thing.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye