Investment Transactions are still showing in the Spending Plan (edited)

jtjones0304
jtjones0304 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in Troubleshooting

I originally reported this issue on 6/1 along with others but noticed coach Natalie reported it as resolved today. It looks like the resolution is to open each investment transaction and hide from spending plan.

I have about 48 investment transactions in June alone so is the expectation that I have to open each of the 48 transactions an exclude from spending plan now and going forward?

Please tell me there is a better fix for this as my spending plan is now useless and I do not have the time to continually go through each transaction and turn off include in spending plan. I'm not sure why investment transactions would need to be included in a spending plan such as retirement accounts.

This worked fine before so this is a big step back. The spending plan is one of the key differentiators from other products for me.

I hope I am reading the solution incorrectly.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @jtjones0304,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community, although I apologize for your experience now that some Investment Transactions can be included in the Spending Plan.

Yes, as mentioned in the Alert, Investment Transactions with a "cash flow" type can now be included in the Spending Plan in addition to Reports. They do appear to be included by default, at least when creating a new manual Investment Transaction, just like they are in Reports.

I know that Investment Transactions are still being worked on, however, I'm not sure if they plan to make it to where they're ignored from Reports and the Spending Plan by default. You're welcome to create an Idea post requesting this so other users can vote on it and our Product Team can review it.

In the meantime, the easiest way to resolve this matter without manually editing each transaction to be ignored would be to ignore the entire account from Reports under Settings. This option will also ignore the account from the Spending Plan and Watchlists and will be a great solution for you if you have no interest in seeing or including your Investment Transactions in other areas of the program.

http://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5160316-how-to-ignore-accounts-from-reports-and-the-spending-plan

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• jtjones0304
    jtjones0304 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thank you Natalie that is helpful. Looks like many of the investment transactions showing in the spending plan are transfers between two accounts (Personal Capital to Fidelity). They were automatically set a Payment/Deposit with a category of Unknown. I recategorized them as balance adjustments which also removed them from the Spending Plan.

• RiversideKid
    RiversideKid Member ✭✭

On a different note, I too am having trouble with the spending plan, but I NEED the brokerage accounts in the spending plan. What I do not need in the spending plan is the retirement accounts but I have not yet retired.

What I cannot figure out is whether I am going to want the retirement accounts in the spending plan when I retire so I feel that the spending plan needs to be configurable by each person so we can automatically exclude an account and all future transactions based on the needs of each user with then the option to include a specific transaction where required. (This is a work in progress in my brain.)

Quicken for Windows user since 1994 (After MYM for DOS)
    Simplifi by Quicken since 2023

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@jtjones0304, another user created an Idea post requesting that Investment Transactions be ignored from the Spending Plan by default that you may want to check out. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• jtjones0304
    jtjones0304 Member ✭✭✭✭

thank you Natalie I voted for it 😊

This discussion has been closed.