Add a product roadmap or list of what's being worked on (edited)

Options
Chrobrego
Chrobrego Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2023 in Feature Requests

My feature request is to have a feature request with a road map for future development so we have an idea if our request has any chance of making it into development. I'm really hoping to see money rollover in categories, but despite several people asking for it, there is no indication from Simplifi whether this will happen or not.

I'm not asking for a solid roadmap, and I don't think others would do so either. But a list of what is being worked on, what has been completed off that list and what is planned would be very very nice.

Tagged:
2 votes

Planned · Last Updated

Our Product Team plans to make a product roadmap available to users!

Comments

• Chrobrego
    Chrobrego Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Not that anyone cares, but I was using Simplifi for about five months, but went back to my old software simply because I have no idea where the direction of this software is going, and there are a couple of things that I would like to see before I start using it exclusively. Financial rollover is a huge one and perhaps fixing the super huge category boxes in the spending plan so I might have a chance at viewing my budget without having to scroll down five screens.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Great idea!

• Wooloomooloo2
    Wooloomooloo2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Do we have a timeline for the roadmap?

I really need to see how Simplifi is going to address the issue of the spending plan only being able to deal with income and expense in one month, so looking for any one of the following capabilities:

• Rollover categories from month to month to accumulate the amount needed in the future
    • Link Goals to Transactions / Categories so when you spend the money you saved, it doesn't say you overspent
    • The ability to make any withdrawal from a goal "available" in that month's spending plan

Any of these would work. The most bizare thing today is that money you put aside for planned spending can't be used for planned spending. You literally have to remove the transaction from the Spending Plan. This feels more like an incomplete feature than a well designed budgeting function.

• david.stein
    david.stein Member ✭✭
    Options

Where is the roadmap? The Product Team has been working on it for over 1 year, no wonder improvements never get completed.

Coach NatalieJul 1, 2022

We just wanted to let everyone know that we've heard your feedback and our Product Team is working on a "roadmap" type feature so our users can see what's coming up for Simplifi.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I believe the roadmap exists in terms of a spreadsheet that @Coach Natalie keeps, which seems to help her keep track of idea posts and their current status, she's referenced it in the past… I imagine that this spreadsheet isn't "presentable". However, if you searched the forum for idea posts and saw their status, you could probably recreate this yourself.

I do think some people are particularly upset that "their idea" isn't getting priority - when new ideas and bug reports are created every single day, often mulitple times per day.

Rob Wilkens

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This forum already degenerates far too often into the "I can't believe Simplifi doesn't have Feature X yet!" Adding the ability for posts to further devolve into threats of "I can't believe the team doesn't even have Feature X on the roadmap! I'm going to go to another product if this isn't addressed!" doesn't seem like a healthy direction for either the software or this forum, or the users of either of them.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd love to see a product roadmap so I know what features I can look forward to!

• Jimmy Glass
    Jimmy Glass Member ✭✭
    Options

FYI, as a Technical Architect for a large licensed software product. The way that Simplifi manages feature requests, and the rate these are implemented appears to greatly exceed the industry standards. While I am sure there are things they can do better, we need to be mindful to give credit where credit is due… They have done an amazing job of managing their product development over the past year or so that I've been a customer..

• david.stein
    david.stein Member ✭✭
    Options

I disagree as an owner of a software company. Simplifi is being development like a start up. Quicken dominated the market when it was owned by Intuit. There are multiple statements by Natalie on this forum that go unanswered and ignored. The roadmap was being worked on over 1.5 years ago.

• Christaaay
    Christaaay Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Planned but last updated in June???

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I use the feature request status to learn about what is being worked on. Planned and in process are useful to filter by.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

@david.stein

I completely agree with your statement regarding @Coach Natalie not responding. I'm waiting on responses from many post.

This is just another example of broken promises by Quicken Simplifi.

-Phil-

Former Quicken Desktop user 1984 -2023. Currently Testing Simplifi as its replacement.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Philk This is community support, primarily with responses from other users (like me). @Coach Natalie is more of a moderator with the ability to contact others in the company, she will sometimes reference support articles if a user asks a question that no one else answered. If you want to reach support, there is chat support for example which will get you a more immediate answer to any question.

Rob Wilkens

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@RobWilk @Coach Natalie

If this is indeed the case, then it's nothing more than passing the buck…and the worst case of customer relations:

I asked an Ai Chat Bot:

-Phil-

Former Quicken Desktop user 1984 -2023. Currently Testing Simplifi as its replacement.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm asking as just another user— IF you post about things other than giving and getting Quicken Simplifi support, don't post. I subscribe to these message boards, which means all these messages show up in my inbox, and all I see are conspiracy theories and other off-topic posts from you in my inbox. It's exhausting and unnecessary.

Rob Wilkens

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Rob, you're missing the point. Complacency seems to have been the problem for years with Quicken products.

There are many people seeking improvements, yet years of lip service, broken promises, and silence is what most of the favorite suggestions get.

I agree that complaining should not rule the day, but neither should complacency in a forum which seeks user input on a wide range of issues…Not just giving and getting support.

If the company practiced many of the 10 points listed above, the dysfunctions of this community and product would resolve.

-Phil-

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're not complaining about something specific, nothing that can get fixed. You're just whining. It's a waste of time for you and more importantly i don't need to see it and it's coming to my crowded inbox.

Rob Wilkens

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@RobWilk @Coach Natalie

This is very sad to hear, and if you ask me this is a prime example of passing the buck.

Got me to thinking what other companies might do, so I asked an Ai Chat bot:

Quicken Simplifi fails miserably in customer relations on nearly every aspect listed below.

What things do most companies do to keep customer happy when the product has problems?

When a company encounters product problems, keeping customers happy becomes crucial. Here are some common strategies companies use to achieve this:

1. Acknowledge the problem quickly and sincerely:

• Proactive communication is key. Inform customers about the issue promptly and transparently, acknowledging the inconvenience it causes.

2. Offer apologies and express empathy:

• Show genuine concern for the customers' frustration and inconvenience. A sincere apology goes a long way in building trust and understanding.

3. Provide clear and concise information:

• Explain the nature of the problem, affected products, and potential solutions in a clear and easy-to-understand manner. Use multiple channels like emails, social media, and website updates to reach all customers.

4. Offer swift and effective solutions:

• Depending on the problem, this could involve product replacements, refunds, repairs, discounts, extended warranties, or alternative products. Aim for solutions that are convenient and address the customer's needs.

5. Be transparent about timelines and updates:

• Keep customers informed about the progress of resolving the issue, even if it takes time. Regular updates show the company is actively working on a solution and values their customers' time.

6. Be open to feedback and address concerns:

• Encourage customers to voice their concerns and feedback on the issue and proposed solutions. Actively listen to their feedback and consider it when making decisions.

7. Go the extra mile:

• Sometimes, offering additional solutions or small gestures of goodwill can significantly improve customer satisfaction. This could involve complimentary services, expedited replacements, or personalized apologies.

8. Make it easy for customers to get help:

• Ensure customer support channels are readily available and accessible. Offer multiple options like phone lines, live chat, email, and social media support. Train customer support representatives to be knowledgeable, helpful, and empathetic.

9. Learn from the experience:

• Analyze the root cause of the problem and implement measures to prevent similar issues in the future. Share these learnings internally to improve product quality and customer service practices.

10. Build long-term trust and loyalty:

• Demonstrate a commitment to customer satisfaction beyond the immediate problem. Address concerns fairly, offer transparent communication, and prioritize customer well-being. This builds trust and fosters long-term customer loyalty.

Remember, effective problem-handling can strengthen customer relationships and turn a negative experience into a positive one. By focusing on prompt communication, proactive solutions, and genuine empathy, companies can navigate product problems while maintaining customer satisfaction.

-Phil-

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ask the AI Chatbot, it will respond to you. No one else asked the AI Chatbot that question, so they're probably not interested in the AI Chatbot's answer. In other words, no need to copy and paste everything you see on the internet. It has little to do with what those of us in the community can help with.

Rob Wilkens

• kents
    kents Member ✭✭
    Options

I agree with all the posts re: a roadmap for Simplifi. I been waiting for at least 1.5 years for something, anything. I really am getting fed up with the lack of customer support when the feedback is clear. If you are not going to do something, just state that. It helps users make wise decisions. thx.