Adding Raytheon Benefits Center (401K); requests MFA pin instead of password

Options
mbrowne
mbrowne Member
edited August 2023 in Adding and Updating Accounts

I am trying to add my company's 401k plan, and I get the following error (Care Code: FDP-3000) whenever I try:

It looks like it wants the MFA pin before ever asking for the password. Is this an error on my part, or does Simplifi not yet support my company's 401k?

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @mbrowne,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue!

It looks like a PIN is required to establish this connection in Simplifi, as well as in Quicken. This is not an MFA PIN, but something you'd used instead of your password to sign into third-party apps. With that said, I'd suggest contacting the financial institution directly to let them know what you're trying to do and that it requires a PIN; they should be able to help you out. I tried searching for an answer online but came up empty-handed.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• mbrowne
    Options

So I spoke with a customer service rep, and they confirmed that I am pointed at the right URL, but they seemed pretty sure that the only pin involved in this process is the MFA pin that they email or text you after you enter your username and password. Their theory was that (somehow) Simplifi is asking for a pin prior to it even being possible to generate one.

Is it possible that Simplifi's software is glitching, and is asking for the MFA pin too soon?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @mbrowne,

Thanks for contacting the financial institution and posting back!

No, the PIN in your screenshot is for signing in, not for MFA. It could be that the financial institution used to require a PIN for third-party apps and that has now changed, but has not been updated in Quicken products (I see the same sign-in requirements in Quicken).

With that said, I can go ahead and escalate this to find out more info and hopefully obtain a resolution for you. To do so, please provide the following information:

1. Have there been any recent changes made to the bank's website or sign-in process?
    2. What is the exact URL you use when signing into your account from the bank's website?
    3. What type of account(s) are you attempting to add?
    4. The names of the account(s), as it/they appear on the bank's website.
    5. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page on the bank's website that list all accounts and balances and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL. (This must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser. Also, feel free to redact any private info.)
    6. The format of your password. DO NOT PROVIDE YOUR ACTUAL PASSWORD. For example, the password of "Quicken123$" would be "Xxxxxxx###$". Please provide the actual special characters used in the format, but everything else should be coded like the example.

If you'd prefer to share this information privately, you are welcome to send me a DM here in the Community. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• mbrowne
    mbrowne Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Sure, let me get that info for you:

1. Not that I am aware of, at least not on the front-end.
    2. https://raytheon.benefitcenter.com/login/v3/pub/logonlw.jsp?client=raytheon&frgtuser=Y
    3. Trying to add a 401K. Its managed via Alight Financial, but we have to use the company-provided portal (link above) to view and manage it. After logging into the company portal, we're faced with a kinda blank page that just has a link to our 401k. Click on that, and it goes through a couple of automatic redirects until you get to this URL: https://leplb0120.upoint.ap.alight.com, and it looks like it passes the login tokens from Raytheon to Alight during this process. Note that this is not my company login, and is used just for my 401.
    4. The name of the account is simply "Raytheon Technologies Savings Plan"
    5. Password format: #$$x$x$XXxXx
      1. If it matters, it has a 12-character limit, and also limits which special characters can be used, if I recall correctly. "$" represents a location of a special character, "#" represents a number, and the special characters in use in the password itself are: @#*

Edit: went to change my password as I didn't want to leave it the same with even just the formatting out here on a public forum, and it looks like they bumped the character limit up to 64 characters, and have eliminated the limitations on which special characters can be used. So it looks like there were some changes to the back-end login process at some point, but I do not know when these changes occurred.

Edit #2:

I actually found that I have two separate login portals that can be used in parallel, with different credentials. Here is the 'more direct' route with the bank itself:

1. Same as above
    2. https://leplb0120.upoint.ap.alight.com/web/utc/login?linkId=PPT_LOGON_BACK&technicalNameForLink=PPT_LOGON_BACK&userFriendlyNameForLink=Log%20On&domain=Ben-CM&baseClientIndicator=Base
    3. Same as above
    4. Same as above
    5. Same as above
    6. Password format: xxXxx$Xx#XxxXXXXXxxxX$XXXxX$$XX$
      1. 64-character limit, no limits on special characters. "$" is a special character. "#" represents a number. Special characters in use are: !#&%

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @mbrowne,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

I'm wondering if the issue may be that you're redirected to Alight Solutions. Although I believe some Alight options are supported in Simplifi, we have a lot of 401 (k) plans that are managed through Alight that have been requested here and are not currently supported. However, since Raytheon is listed in Simplifi, I can still escalate it to find out for sure.

With that said, when it comes to the format of your password, we do need the actual special characters used. Everything else should be formatted just like you have it, but the dollar signs need to be replaced with the actual symbols used. You can DM this to me if you'd like. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.