Does linking to a T-Mobile account to Bill Connect work? (edited)

Options
Randy_007
Randy_007 Member
edited August 2023 in Bills and Income

I tried linking to my T-Mobile account, it first asked me for my credentials, then a short time later asked me to confirm it was me by asking to send an SMS code, T-Mobile sent the code, but Simiiplifi never asked for it to perform the confirmation, instead it just asked to send the code again, I tried several times and it continued in this loop.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello @Randy_007,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to T-Mobile in Simplifi.

To clarify, are you trying to connect to T-Mobile as a bank account to download transactions in Simplifi? If so, it looks like the only option that's supported is for a T-Mobile Visa Prepaid Card with a URL of t-mobilemoneyservices.com — is this how you sign into your online banking with them?

Or are you looking for T-Mobile Money, like what's been requested here? Or are you attempting to connect to T-Mobile as a Biller using Bill Connect?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Randy_007
    Options

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am attempting to connect to T-Mobile as a biller using Bill Connect. Simplifi asks me for my account information (username and password) which I supply, this information works using the T-Mobile website directly so I think it is valid. Then Simplifi displays a dialog asking to send me a text verification message to my phone.

I select continue, T-Mobile then sends me a verification code to my phone, then Simplifi displays the following dialog:

This dialog doesn't ask for the code I was just sent, clicking continue here bring me back to the first dialog, an endless loop.

I hope this clarifies the issue, thanks for your help.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Randy_007,

Thanks for confirming the issue!

When viewing T-Mobile on our Bill Connect Service Provider's side, it looks like they are "degraded", which means most users won't be able to connect. These are typically a known issue, however, I did go ahead and report this to our Service Provider to see if we can get confirmation, or to at least help make them aware of the issue.

It's possible that I won't hear back from them, however, if I happen to, I'll be sure to let you know what I find out. Otherwise, you'll most likely need to wait for our Service Provider to regain a healthy connection with T-Mobile.

Sorry for not having a better answer, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Randy_007,

Thanks for your patience as this was being researched!

We've heard back from our Bill Connect Service Provider stating that this is a known issue, and they are aware, but there is currently no ETA on a fix.

Sorry for not having better news!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.