Ability to search for and install the Chrome Extension App (edited)

Options
Dan-in-Virginia
Dan-in-Virginia Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2023 in Feature Requests

Currently, there is no way to search for the Chrome extension for app.simplifimoney.com in the Chrome web store. If you aren't prompted (apparently randomly) to install Simplifi as a web app, there is no way to initiate the process. This is very frustrating.

2 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

This ability is already available by clicking the three dots in the upper right of Chrome, selecting "More Tools", then "Create Shortcut", and finally "Open as window".

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Chrome has the menu option to create a desktop shortcut for any webpage, that's all it is.

Rob Wilkens

• Dan-in-Virginia
    Options

It would be really nice to see this documented because it looks fantastic.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Documentation: Chrome Menu (top right), More Tools, Create Shortcut, Select Open As Window

Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RobWilk ,

Would you be willing to provide the steps for that? I have been trying to figure out how to get Simplifi into an iPad asa Desktop App with Chrome for iPad installed and can’t for the life of me figure it out.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It doesn't work on iPad to my knowledge, but Safari on iPad may have a desktop shortcut option.

Rob Wilkens

• Dan-in-Virginia
    Options

On the Edge and Chrome desktop apps, I've seen the option to install as app. It would be great to have this documented somewhere. It looks amazing, and you can put Simplifi on your task bar. I can even add it to my work PC task bar.

This discussion has been closed.