How to keep investment transactions out of Spending plan

Options
papermuffins
papermuffins Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in Troubleshooting

Related to this thread (below).

Spending plan now shows activity from 401k and stock investments (dividends, fees, etc). These never showed in the spending plan before. The only option for exclusion on the account as a whole is from Reports, which I don't want to exclude it from report, just the spending plan.

How, besides doing so at an individual transaction basis (annoying) do I get this to go back to how it was for the last ~2yrs?

Best Answer

Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @papermuffins,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

Aside from ignoring the account from Reports which also ignores it from the Spending Plan, the only other option would be to ignore the individual transactions from the Spending Plan. With that said, I do know that Investment Transactions are still being worked on and our Product Team is aware of the issue with them being included in the Spending Plan by default. In the meantime, I'd suggest adding your vote and feedback to this Idea post:

Sorry for not having a better answer, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• papermuffins
    papermuffins Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie does that mean the previously linked article where it says the issue is resolved is incorrect?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @papermuffins,

As mentioned in the "resolved" comment of the Alert: "This issue has been resolved for both the Simplifi Web and Mobile Apps. Just like with Reports, you can now choose to include or ignore "cash flow" type Investment Transactions in the Spending Plan and Watchlists, as well as include some "income" types in all three. All other Investment Transactions, such as Buys and Sells, will no longer be displayed in the Spending Plan."

I hope this helps to clarify!

-Coach Natalie

• papermuffins
    papermuffins Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie how do you do that? The investment transaction I see show up in "Other spending" the only option to ignore is to ignore in Reports, not from Spending plan as your response indicates.

This discussion has been closed.