Upcoming Income Transactions Marked as Received

Options
trenzik
trenzik Member
edited July 2023 in Using the Spending Plan

Upcoming income transactions are being marked as received even though the date is in the future. I can provide screenshots if necessary.

Comments

• trenzik
    Options

The top two transactions (for 7/1 and 7/5) were added manually from the Transactions page. They are marked as received but have not been received as the dates are in the future. The third transaction is recurring income in the future. That is functioning correctly and not being marked received.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @trenzik,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this behavior!

It looks like this is by design. I'm seeing the same thing with future-dated expense transactions that are marked as a one-time bill and show up in the Bills sections. Since the 3rd item in your screenshot is actually a recurring reminder, it won't be marked as 'received' until it's linked to an actual transaction, which turns it into a transaction instead of a reminder. However, when you're just entering a transaction in Simplifi, whether manual or downloaded, and regardless of the date, it'll be considered 'received' automatically.

With that said, if you'd like to see a change made in Simplifi regarding this behavior, I'd suggest creating an Idea post outlining your request and how it would be beneficial for you. Other users can vote on Idea posts, which allows our Product Team to get an idea of how many users would like to see the change made.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.