Recurring Transactions with programmable variables (edited)

Options
avihawver
avihawver Member
edited July 2023 in Feature Requests

Ability to create bill/expense series with variable amounts, that can even be programmed/scripted based on a set of rules. Could be in an "advanced" editor dialog to keep the main series entry page simple.

Example: I have two checking accounts, one for bills and one where the rest of my (expendable) cash lives. I use Simplifi to see the projected balance of my Bills account until my next paycheck — so let's say I have $1000 in my Bills account, and between now and next payday I'll need to pay $500 in bills. I make sure to keep a minimum $200 balance in my account at all times, so in this instance I'd transfer the remaining $300 to my Expendable account. This ensures that for each pay period, I am guaranteed to have enough cash to pay all the bills until my next paycheck, plus a $200 cushion just in case.

Currently I have to do all this manually. But I would love to be able to code a variable recurring series in Simplifi that anticipates these transactions and automatically factors them into my projected balances. So on Day [Next Payday-1], transfer the amount ([Balance After Bills]-$200) from "Bills" account to "Expendable" account.

1 votes

Active · Last Updated