Ability to create transfers to/from internal Simplifi accounts (edited)

Options
avihawver
avihawver Member
edited August 2023 in Feature Requests

The current "transfers/credit card payments" section of the Spending Plan isn't that helpful, since you can only assign one account. But most transfers & card payments are internal to your accounts tracked in Simplifi, so the inability to specify that you're transferring X amount from Account 1 to Account 2 is really inhibiting its usefulness

1 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

This ability if already offered in Simplifi!

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @avihawver,

Thanks for posting your request to the Community!

The ability to create transfers to internal Simplifi accounts is available in Simplifi and is referred to as a Linked Transfer. To create a Linked Transfer, whether an individual transaction or a Recurring Linked Transfer Series, you'll want to select the opposite account for the Category.

For example, I have a Recurring Linked Transfer setup for my credit card, and I used the payment account (my checking account) as the 'Account' for the Series, and I use the receiving account (my credit card) as the 'Category' for the Series:

This is what it looks like in the Transfers & Credit Card Payments section of the Spending Plan:

With the Transfers & Credit Card Payments section of the Spending Plan, you can also elect to include just one side of a Linked Transfer. For more details on using Transfers, please see here. And for more details on how Transfers are handled in the Spending Plan, please see here.

With that said, I intend to mark this Idea post as "Already Offered". If you have something different in mind, please let us know. Otherwise, I hope this information is helpful and gives you what you're looking for!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.