Can't @mention people anymore

Options
bowgy4
bowgy4 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Using the Community

It's been a while since I've been active here, but I've found that I can't @mention people in new discussions or in comments on existing posts. @Coach Natalie could you or someone else look at my user account and see if something needs to be fixed?

On a separate note I've received this error three times today when trying to post and there is no indication what it means (the posts aren't short and it appears regardless of the length).

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

I've noticed you can't mention from the mobile browser, only the web (desktop/laptop). Your screenshot looks like it's from mobile.

I used to get the '4 characters too short' message too, I'm not sure what fixed it, it hasn't happened recently.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @bowgy4,

Are you using a mobile browser? If so, try changing to 'Desktop Site' mode and see if it works for you then.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• bowgy4
    bowgy4 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie Weird - yes, I was on a mobile browser. Changing to desktop site "fixed it" but it does make the rest of the site more difficult to use. This would be a good note to pin to the community use guide which talks about @mentions but doesn't doesn't say you can't use the mobile site.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks for confirming, @bowgy4!

I think that the new editor used for the Community doesn't play nice with a mobile browser. I know that changing to 'desktop site' can degrade the experience in general, however, I've noticed that doing so fixes most mobile browser issues with the Community. At any rate, I did get the issues you're seeing when not in 'desktop site' reported, so hopefully this behavior is fixed or improves in the future. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• bowgy4
    bowgy4 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you, @Coach Natalie!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@bowgy4 & @RobWilk, these issues should be fixed. Can you both take a look and let me know, please? Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• bowgy4
    bowgy4 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I can confirm that mentions work on mobile now! Thank you for the follow up! With Mint shutting down, you're going to get a whole lot more attention and having things like this fixed is good for first impressions.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@bowgy4, awesome! And absolutely — super glad they got this one fixed. 😁

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie wow, it worked... thanks

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.