Income Showing as a "Bill"

Options
TCEnt
TCEnt Member
edited August 2023 in Bills and Income

When entering recurring income my only options are Bill or Subscription even after selecting Personal Income>Paycheck. This is throwing off my Spending Plan reports since it doesn't look like I have income. How do I enter recurring income properly in Simplifi?

I've also tried through Spending Plan>Income After Bills & Savings>Income and the options are still only Bill or Subscription.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @TCEnt,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior with Recurring Income in Simplifi.

To clarify, is this occurring on the Simplifi Web App, the Mobile App, or both? Also, are you trying to create the Recurring Income Series by selecting an existing transaction from the list, or are you attempting to create it manually? You can also create Recurring Series' from a transaction directly — if you have an income transaction to try this with, I'd suggest checking it out.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3625912-managing-recurring-transactions

If the issue persists, since the way to create a Recurring Income Series is to use an Income Category, I'd suggest navigating to Settings > Categories to make sure the Category you're selecting is set up properly as Income, and to make sure there's not perhaps a duplicate Expense Category or something along those lines. I'd then suggest deleting the Recurring Income Series that is set up as a Bill and attempting to recreate it by selecting the proper Income Category.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• TCEnt
    TCEnt Member
    Options

I was able to figure it out. The default category supplied by Simplifi (Personal Income) set as an Expense for some reason. I changed it to Income. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.