Optum Financial Does Not Connect FDP-106 (edited)

Options
Havensd74
Havensd74 Member ✭✭
edited August 2023 in Adding and Updating Accounts

Hello,

Has anyone been having issues connecting to Optum Financial? I have not been able to connect since July 11, 2023.

Below is the requested information from the past several times it was reported:

Here is what I have already tried to reconnect the account:

1. Hover over the menu on the left-hand side and select Settings.
  2. Select Accounts.
  3. Locate the Financial Institution that's receiving the error and select the three dots at the end of it.
  4. Select Reset connection and then click Reset.
  5. Enter your credentials, then click Connect.
  6. Once your accounts are presented, select the Link option to the right of each account.
  7. Click Link To and select the matching account.
  8. Click Complete when done.

Here are the questions asked last time this happened:

1. What type of account(s) are you receiving the error on?
  2. Have there been any changes on the bank's website recently?
  3. Has there been any activity in the account(s) in the last 90 days?
  4. What is the exact URL you see after signing into the bank's website?
  5. What is the account nickname(s), as it appears on the bank's website?
  6. What is the name of the account(s), as it appears in Simplifi?

Here are the answers:

1 - It is a Health Savings Account (HSA) that has an associated cash account and an investment account.
2 - Not to my knowledge
3 - Yes, it has activity at least every 2 weeks
4 - https://secure.optumfinancial.com/portal/CC/cdhportal
5 - HSA 2023 and HSA Investments
6 - Optum HSA and Optum Investments

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Options

I forgot to add, here is the error code I receive:

This usually happens if an account nickname or number has changed at your bank. To fix you must reconnect your account.
    Care Code: FDP-106

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Havensd74,

Thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're receiving a 106 error with Optum Financial in Simplifi.

Since resetting the connection didn't resolve the error for you, you'll next want to make the account(s) fully manually by following the steps listed here. Once done, please go through the Add Account flow to connect to Optum Financial once again, and carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello,

I made the accounts fully manual as shown and then went through the Add Account Flow to connect Optum Financial once again. I was not able to get to the step to link the account back my existing Simplifi account. I got the following error message while trying to go through the Add Account flow prior to linking to existing accounts.

"This usually happens if an account nickname or number has changed at your bank. To fix you must reconnect your account.
    Care Code: FDP-106"

Thanks

• Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Options

Not sure if it helps, but I also tried to go through the Add Account flow on the mobile app and a newly installed web browser and got the same error message.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Havensd74,

Thanks for attempting the steps and posting back, although I'm sorry to hear that the trouble persists.

I can go ahead and get this escalated using the information you provided above, however, I do need one more piece of additional data before doing so: A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Options

How can I send that to you without making it public?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Havensd74,

You can either DM it to me here in the Community, or I can email you a link to our Secure File Exchange and you can upload it there. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• Havensd74
    Havensd74 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Natalie,

After some further consideration, I think I am going to keep this account manual.

I seem to have issues with all my investment accounts syncing (including T. Rowe Price Workplace) that keep popping up.

Due to the time required to address these issues, I have found manually updating them is the most stable way to go.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.