(Once again...) How do I account for a partial transaction coming from a Savings Goal?

Options
myllanac
myllanac Member
edited August 2023 in Using Savings Goals

I spent $96.51 at a store. $34.97 of that is money I don't want to count as part of the Spending Plan, as it is coming from a completed Savings Goal (it is now time to draw down from the goal).

I have the $96.51 in Transactions. I can't fully ignore it because the remainder ($61.54) does need to be accounted for in the Spending Plan.

What I want to do is do an on-Spending Plan addition to that Savings Goal for $61.54, then ignore the $96.51 transaction, then withdraw $96.51 from the Savings Goal. This will net the $61.54 showing up as an expense in the Spending Plan and a net $34.97 from the Savings Goal.

Is this possible? If so, how?

I have been using Simplifi for a year and Savings Goals is the bane of my existence, and there has apparently been no progress on updates, enhancements, etc. What is our subscription money going toward?

Best Answer

Answers

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

If you transferred money from the savings goal account to the spending account, in the transfer you can unhide one side of the transfer which should accomplish what you want

Rob Wilkens

• myllanac
    myllanac Member
    Options

The Savings Goal fund is a "partition" of my checking account. No in-real-life transfer involved.

This discussion has been closed.