edited September 2023 in Bills and Income

I'm being asked to fill in a captcha that isn't there

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @benk,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to Amazon Prime as a Biller in Simplifi.

To clarify, are you receiving multiple errors with this one Biller, or are you receiving errors with multiple Billers? In either case, you'll want to provide more details, such as each Biller that's receiving an error, and what error is being received, so we can get a clearer picture of what's going on.

When it comes to connecting to Amazon Prime as a Biller, I was just personally able to do so with no issues. After entering my credentials, I was asked to confirm that I have verified sign-on, and then I opened the Amazon app to approve the connection through the text that was sent to me from Amazon. Once done, Simplifi connected. With that said, is this your first time connecting to Amazon Prime as a Biller in Simplifi, or is the issue occurring on an existing connection?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• benk
    benk Member
    Options

This is my first time connecting to Amazon Prime as a biller in Simplifi. It's giving me a CAPTCHA instead of 2 factor.

With many other billers I got "we are working on connecting {this biller}. we'll let you know if we need anything else."

Another Biller - National Grid - was disconnected because it said my account was locked. I was able to log into National Grid's website just fine.

When Simplifi asked me to reconnect, the drop down menu (required) that normally asks what service region I'm in was empty, but I couldn't proceed without filling it, so it's a dead end.

• benk
    benk Member
    Options

I just tried prime again with my non-business email and got this:

I'm confused. I was texted a verification code by amazon this time, as if to enter it in a field, but there is no field to do so on Simplifi.

Simplifi seems to think the amazon app would have sent me a notification, which it didn't

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @benk,

Thanks for posting back!

Your last screenshot is the same screen I got, and I was able to "verify" the sign-in by opening the Amazon app. Have you tried opening the app to see if you're prompted to do so, by chance?

Any Billers that say they're working on syncing are most likely not supported. For National Grid, I'd suggest disconnecting from the Biller and then attempting to reconnect, as I do show it's in a locked state from our end as well.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4962798-using-bill-connect-to-track-your-bills

It looks like both Amazon Prime and Amazon Business Prime are in healthy states on our Bill Connect Service Provider's side. I'm wondering if the issue has to do with MFA and the integration with Simplifi. Although I was able to connect, I think I recall experiencing frequent issues staying connected to Amazon Prime as a Biller in the past, so it may be a finicky connection in general. Have you tried disabling MFA/verified sign-on with Amazon directly to see if you can then connect in Simplifi?

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• benk
    benk Member
    Options

It has to do with MFA for sure - I may disable it for Amazon.

(Venmo is pretty troublesome but I think you guys already know about that, right? Every 12 hours or so I get a 2FA venmo request)

It's not so important for me to link a biller, just wanted to bring dev's attention to the possibility of that first screenshot, for example, which is a bug for sure.

This discussion has been closed.