Ability to exclude accounts from the Net Worth Report (edited)

Options
Magpie
Magpie Member
edited September 2023 in Feature Requests

It would be really handy to be able to select the accounts that are included in Net Worth, rather than have them all in by default. Sometimes an account or two needs be excluded for various reasons. Being able to choose the accounts would be very helpful in getting a more accurate or realistic net worth value.

14 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I believe excluding an account from reports in account settings accomplishes

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Magpie,

Thanks for posting your request to the Community!

As @RobWilk mentioned, you can currently select which accounts to exclude from Reports under the Settings menu: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5160316-how-to-ignore-accounts-from-reports-and-the-spending-plan

Does this meet your needs? Or are you looking for this ability exclusively for the Net Worth Report as opposed to a global setting?

Please let us know!

-Coach Natalie

• DEA3
    DEA3 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

I was recently told by Coach Natalie that the fact they they are not excluded even though the exclude for reports is check is "by design". She went on to say that exclude for reports is accoomplished by excluding all transactions and not excluding balances. But this surely is not considered a design feature as she suggested. Please make the programming changes to fix this. If you are allowed to click exclude report, it should be excluded. She suggested using filters but that is very awkward now because you must select all the accounts that you DO want to see which are the majority. Then after you leave the report the filters reset. So it would be much better if all the filters remained persistently set until manually reset or changed. That would make using filters much more useful. And while you are at it, please make the account lists in filters continually scrollable. Thank you

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I voted for it. I don't particularly use investment transactions, however, in general exclude from report should exclude from net worth report.

Rob Wilkens

• snovvman
    snovvman Member
    edited March 17
    Options

I too, want to be able to exclude specific accounts from net worth calculations. Some accounts are double counted because they are represented by both Empower and Schwab. This is one reason why this feature is needed. I just signed up for Simplifi and [Removed], and this is easily done in [Removed]. There are features I like about Simplifi and hope that changes will come. By the way, I noticed that I cannot export investment transactions to CSV. Another issue.

• kerrigjl
    Options

Agreed. For example, I have one bank with checking, savings, and mortgage; I care both about overall net worth and liquid net worth. Being able to hide just the mortgage portion from the dashboard net worth would allow me to achieve the second (liquid net worth). Ideally with a toggle back and forth…

• dgfin
    dgfin Member
    Options

Really need to be able to exclude any connected account or sub-account from the "net worth" rollup view. There are many accounting, financial, and personal reasons for this. Not very sophisticated or serious to have such a basic configuration unavailable in a product like this.

• Shawn K
    Shawn K Member
    Options

I need to exclude custodial accounts and term life insurance accounts.