Missing USAA/Amazon Transactions (edited)

Options
myfriend
myfriend Member ✭✭
edited September 2023 in Adding and Updating Accounts

Amazon transactions posted to my USAA credit card since 7/18/2023 are not showing up in Simplifi. I checked another credit card in my simplifi account and Amazon transactions are showing up there.

I did try making my USAA account manual and then reconnecting, but that did not help. Simplifi is showing the correct balance in the account (matches what usaa.com says).

What could be causing this issue?

Comments

• myfriend
    myfriend Member ✭✭
    Options

It may not be an Amazon thing actually. All USAA transactions from 7/18 through 7/20 are not showing up. They just happen to all be from Amazon. Transactions since 7/21 are showing up. I have one pending transaction from Amazon on 7/28, so I'll see if that one shows up in simplifi by Tuesday.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @myfriend,

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're missing a range of transactions in your USAA account in Simplifi.

Since it sounds like you're just missing a couple of days' worth of transactions and the account is properly updating now, I'd suggest manually entering the missing transactions and then keeping an eye on things going forward to see if the issue pops back up.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3348103-managing-transactions-in-simplifi#add-a-transaction

We can also escalate for missing transactions, however, manually entering them would provide you with an immediate solution. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• myfriend
    myfriend Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the response. I noticed transactions missing from another account so I checked them all. In addition to my USAA account missing 8 transactions, my Capital One account was missing 7, and my Truist checking account was missing one…all within the same general timeframe. So, this was obviously not a USAA thing and more likely a Simplifi issue.

I use Simplifi to manage and track my expenses and having them directly linked to my accounts is obviously a huge benefit of making that easy. This issue makes me lose faith in the accuracy of what Simplifi is supposed to be doing…a service I'm paying for. Now I feel like I need to start checking Simplifi to each account on a regular basis. Doing that and manually adding transactions defeats the whole purpose of linking accounts.

I feel like this is worth escalating so the issue will not recur. In the meantime, I will add the transactions manually.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello @myfriend,

Thanks for posting back!

Since you noticed missing transactions in other accounts with different banks, did you go ahead and reset the connection for those banks as well? If not, I'd definitely suggest doing so just to refresh the connection with those banks. You can also make the accounts manual to fully disconnect them from the bank, and then reconnect to the bank and carefully link the accounts found to your existing accounts.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5321064-how-to-make-an-account-manual

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4959544-how-to-link-accounts

Hopefully performing these actions will help refresh everything with those banks so the issue doesn't pop up again for you. However, since you plan to resolve the matter by manually entering the transactions, I'd definitely suggest doing so and then keeping an eye on things moving forward in hopes that this is a one-off situation. Submitting an escalation for something like this wouldn't necessarily prevent it from happening again, so we'd want to keep an eye out for reoccurring behavior to see if we can identify some patterns, etc.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.