Backdate manual accounts for the Net Worth Report? (edited)

Apr627
Apr627 Member
edited September 2023 in Using Reports

My mortgage got transferred to a new servicer, and when I imported the account I accidentally linked it with my manual account (which tracked my home value). Couldn’t figure out how to undo it, so I deleted the account, reconnected it, and then recreated the home value manual account. The problem is, my home value is not backdated, so the net worth report is pretty useless (it’s showing negative balance for every prior month because my home value is no longer factored in).

Is there a way to backdate this manual account, or a better solution for this?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @Apr627,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

At this time, the Net Worth Report is designed to start tracking balances from the day/month an account was added to Simplifi regardless of how far back the transaction data goes. However, we do have an existing Idea post requesting that the Net Worth Report start tracking balances from the date of the opening transaction that you may be interested in adding your vote and feedback to.

Sorry for not having better news, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Apr627

I just set up a new asset account to check this out. After setting it up I went to the accounts list on the Dashboard on the web app I tried changing the date for the "Opening Balance" transaction but that didn't work. I tried adding a new transaction with the date I first started using Simplifi, but that didn't work either… that new balance adjustment entry also defaulted to today's date.

I couldn't find anything on the Support Pages either for this situation. Right now I don't see a way to backdate an asset account.

Someone else may come along with a solution if there is one. For sure @Coach Natalie will respond at some point in the next day or two (maybe sooner since I tagged her!).

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.