Not syncing with Citizens Bank

Options
ccrucitt
ccrucitt Member
edited September 2023 in Adding and Updating Accounts

I was syncing with Citizens regularly and now noticed my account is manual. I am unable to readd my account. When I try to readd the account, the bank prompts for a four digit code for multi factor authorization that is supposedly sent to my phone. But the text never arrives. The phone number they show is correct for me. I tried calling Citizens to no avail.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ccrucitt,

Thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to Citizens Bank in Simplifi.

It looks like there are quite a few "Citizens Bank" options in Simplifi. What is the URL you use when signing in on the bank's website so we can try to narrow this down a bit?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• ccrucitt
    Options

Thanks for your quick response. I use Citizens Bank - Mid Atl Cons. Web. The url is https://citizensbank,com. I also used
    Citizens Bank-Not Your TypicalBank and the URL is the same.

• alhb
    alhb Member
    Options

Hello,

I am having exactly the same issue. I get to a screen that says it will send a code to my phone (correct number), but it never arrives.

alhb

• ccrucitt
    Options

Rechecked the Citizens site and it added my account as expected. Thanks for the help, it works now.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

That's great, @ccrucitt!

Would you mind sharing what happened or what you did to make it work since @alhb is also seeing an issue?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• ccrucitt
    Options

It was definitely a multifactor authentication issue on the banks part. When it didn't work, the bank was prompting to send a text to my phone number which never arrived. When it worked, they prompted for the city my mother was born in, which is a security prompt that I had chosen with the bank on my account. They never asked to send a text that time. This bank has recently updated its website and many things went awry as it was rolled out, particularly in the OFX export area. I attributed this problem to one of many things that needed work because of the rollout. I initially wondered whether they had begun using a third party authentication software like Plaid. I felt fortunate that it fixed because dealing with this banks IT department on this issue was not a good experience. I had switched to Simplifi from Microsoft Money because I could no longer get an export from this bank.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ccrucitt, thank you!

@alhb, are you still seeing an issue with Citizens Bank in Simplifi, or did it clear up for you as well?

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.