changes not being saved

Options
Jeannette
Jeannette Member ✭✭✭
edited September 2023 in Troubleshooting

I am frequently noticing that changes I made one day have disappeared the next day. I often switch between pc and mobile and even different pcs sometimes. Could there be a conflict occurring? Do I need to perform a refresh after I make changes to ensure they are saved? I usually only refresh when I first login.

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In the case of mobile, did you try waiting until the loading is done? that is, you'll see a circling status animation moving on the mobile home screen which stops animating when the update is done. Sometimes this can take 30 second or even more. If you use it (which is possible) before that finishes loading, you'll be working with old data.

Not sure if this is the issue, but it's an idea.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Jeannette,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior in Simplifi.

Although Simplifi is a cloud-based program that should automatically sync, if you're switching between devices, I'd suggest performing a refresh as soon as you're done making any changes. That way, everything will be synced to the cloud when you access Simplifi the next time, whether from the same or a different device.

With that said, however, would you mind providing some details as to what specific changes are being reverted so the Community can get a clearer picture of what's going on?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jeannette , what specific things are the changes not sticking for?

• Upcoming Series Transaction Boxes
    • Bank Downloaded Transactions
    • Manually Entered Transactions

Can you pick out a pattern?

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

@Jeannette , recently @RobWilk helped me realize that when you edit a Recurring Series, it resets any of the already adjusted, un-synced instances of “Upcoming” boxes - located in your register - back to default. I haven’t had a chance to thoroughly test this, but it would help explain some of the weirdness I’ve personally encountered. And maybe yours?

For example, 12 days ago I scheduled a CC Payment for Aug. 21st and adjusted the “Upcoming” box to reflect the amount by changing it from the default of $1.00 to the actual amount of $200.00. Six days ago, I adjusted the exclude settings in this specific Recurring Series. Yesterday, I found my “Upcoming” box has been reset to its default of $1.00.

If this is the case, Simplifi should obviously be warning us or something before just resetting it.

Could this be your experience too?

P.S. I too frequently find myself accessing Simplifi from multiple sources (1 laptop, 1 iPhone, 1 iPad). So far, I haven’t noticed any instances of things not syncing well between the three locations as long as I remember to click the refresh icon on the website if I’m using multiple devices at the exact same time.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.