The Monthly Rollover

Options
pawebb
pawebb Member ✭✭✭
edited September 2023 in Using the Spending Plan

I came from an app that allowed categories to roll over and build up. I've read the Spending Plan post and searched for what others are doing. From what I can tell when the month rolls over anything in your Planned Spending categories and Available amount seems to fade into the abyss. Or at least it sits in your account to be forgotten about. If it is a surplus.

I know you can go into each PS category and click Release available for spending to have that money added back to the Available dollars. What about instead of just releasing the dollars it gave you options: A) Release to Available, B) Contribute to a Goal. Option A would do the obvious and option B would give you a window to select a goal(s) and enter amounts to contribute.

Another option would be to have a Release available for spending button at the top that did the same. Dump it all in available or allow you to disperse whatever is available to goals or have it auto disperse what is available to goals that need funding.

Has this been suggested? Thoughts?

Best Answer

Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@pawebb I just reread your post and like your ideas, especially the idea of being able disburse to savings goals.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.