Category search results incomplete

Options
MinB
MinB Member ✭✭
edited September 2023 in Report a Bug

The category search is not performing as expected, which is that if I enter the name of a category, I expect not only the matching name of a parent category to come up in the results, but also any subcategories within that parent category. Here's an example of what happens instead:

• Enter the term "auto" into search categories
  • The results include the parent category "Auto & Transport," but none of the subcategories within that parent, such as "Fuel" or "Car Wash"
  • The results do include any other category or subcategory with the term "auto" in it, which is what I'd expect

Conversely, if I enter "fuel" or "car wash," those subcategories are listed and also indicate which parent category they're under, which is what I would expect.

I hope this can get fixed. Search becomes kind of useless for organizing categories if this functionality isn't there, at least for me

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @MinB,

Thanks for reporting this issue to the Community!

I am seeing the same problem on the Simplifi Web App only, and have gone ahead and reported it. I'll let you know as soon as I receive an update.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-17566

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @MinB,

Great news! A fix for this is expected with the 3.86.0 Web Release. Please be sure to let us know if you continue to see an issue after that time. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.