Can't scroll to bottom of account list on ipad (web)

Options
Cmac
Cmac Member
edited November 2023 in Report a Bug

As title suggests can’t get to bottom of account list in either landscape or portrait. Please fix.

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To save time, it would probably be helpful to know which browser you used on iPad (Safari, Chrome, Edge, etc.). I do know some Android users reported something similar in Chrome, but I think that issue caused some stuff like the version/copyright info to be below the bottom of the scrolling - not account information. Also when you say account list, do you refer to "Settings→Accounts" or the account list shown on the transaction page for example?

Rob Wilkens

• Cmac
    Cmac Member
    Options

Thank you for response. I use Safari and it’s on both the ‘dashboard’ and ‘transaction’ pages, but it’s worse on the latter. FYI, works fine, like it’s supposed to on MacOS Safari.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In Safari on iPad, I see the same thing, the account list cuts off scrolling before the "Assets" section to me (on the transaction page), and the dashboard cuts off scrolling (like some android users reported) just at the bottom of the "Investments" section (cutting off the version and copyright).

As a comparison, the problem with the dashboard exists also on my Galaxy Tab 7FE (Tablet) but the account list issue on transaction page does not exist on the transaction page on that tablet (in Chrome).

@Coach Natalie will probably be here Monday and can comment further on whether this is something they're aware of this.

Rob Wilkens

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm using Chrome on Android. I don't see this on the Accounts list, but I do see it on the Transactions List on the 'Other Spending' page.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This was the other report which covered part of the same issue as you reported… I added a comment to that about this.

They originally were expecting a fix, but that didn't happen yet (they backed out the promise of a fix).

Rob Wilkens

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I take it back. I had my browser expanded large enough that all the accounts were visible without scrolling. After I resized it, I could no longer scroll the accounts to the bottom.

Anthony Bopp

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

You're right, @ajbopp — On Chrome, with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7FE in landscape mode, I did have the scrolling issue on the accounts on the transaction page. Portrait didn't show the problem.

Rob Wilkens

• Cmac
    Cmac Member
    Options

Thanks for the follow up, much appreciated.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Cmac, @RobWilk, and @ajbopp,

Would you all mind posting screenshots of what you're seeing, and any special circumstances such as an enlarged screen size, please? I'd like to share them on the existing ticket for this/a similar issue (see here) and make sure the Product Team is aware of the additional problems. I'm no longer seeing the issue with being unable to view the version, myself.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I will share that if I scroll down to the bottom, I can (with my finger) force it to scroll just a little bit more (maybe to the actual bottom), but when I let go of my finger (lift it off the screen) it slides back up to where the bottom of the page is missing. It's like there is a built-in 'bounce back up' when it scrolls below some place near the bottom.

Rob Wilkens

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RobWilk I can't even do that much. The page just freezes when it gets to what it "thinks" is the bottom.

There are no special circumstances in my case.

Given that issue is dynamic and not static, there's really nothing a screenshot will show that my description does not. And no, I will certainly not upload a video of my account balances, transactions, etc. to YouTube in order to share it here.

Anthony Bopp

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Cmac,

In order to determine if what you're seeing is the same issue that's been reported prior (see here), or if it's something different that needs to be reported separately, would you mind uploading a screenshot of what you're seeing (any private data can be redacted), as well as the following info, please?

1. The Make, Model, and OS of your iPad.
    2. The version of the Safari browser you're using to access the Simplifi Web App on the iPad.
    3. If you have access to a different browser on your iPad, please check to see if the issue is present there as well.

Without further details and examples, I can't guarantee that what you're seeing will be fixed along with the already-reported issue.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Cmac
    Cmac Member
    Options

Per comment above ‘Given that issue is dynamic and not static…’ pic does no good, iPad Pro (11-inch) (3rd generation), iPad OS 16.6, safari has no version as it’s bundled with the OS (per Apple), YES, same thing happens using Chrome browser.

Hope this helps, and thanks for follow up.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Cmac,

Unfortunately, the details provided throughout this thread don't provide a good visual of the issue, and I'm still uncertain whether this is part of the same issue that's already been reported that was mentioned above, or if it's a separate issue. To get a better visual, please provide the following information:

1. When viewing the Accounts List from a web browser on your iPad, do you see a rounded-out bottom for that section, or is it cut off? When I view the Accounts List in portrait mode, I see a rounded-out bottom and my accounts are not long enough to cover the entire section so no scrolling is required. When viewing in landscape mode, I also see the rounded-out bottom, but there's not enough room to see all of my accounts, but I am able to scroll through the list. What do you see in both modes?
    2. If you do see a rounded-out bottom for that section, but are unable to view all of your accounts, what specifically happens when you click on it and try to scroll through the list — does nothing happen, do you see a scroll bar pop up but no scrolling happens, etc.?
    3. I'm not very familiar with tablet browsers, but on my mobile device, I view the Simplifi Web App in 'Desktop site' mode — are you doing the same on your tablet? Have you tried viewing it using the mobile mode for the browser? What happens in each case?
    4. Are you seeing the issue on other devices, such as your mobile phone, or is the issue specific to just your tablet?
    5. Are you also seeing the above-mentioned issue with being unable to view the Web App version on a mobile browser (see here)?

Once I have a better visual of what's going on, I'd like to go ahead and get this reported on a separate ticket, as it does seem to be different from the other issue with being unable to view the version. If you are seeing the other issue, though, please go ahead and follow along with that thread for a resolution.

To report the issue with scrolling the Accounts List separately, please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option (this may need to be done from a computer web browser):

1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

For any other users who are experiencing an issue with scrolling the Accounts List on a mobile browser, you may also provide the above-requested information, in addition to the following information, to be added to the ticket:

1. The Make, Model, and OS of your iPad.
    2. The browser and browser version you're using to access the Simplifi Web App on the iPad.

If anyone is seeing an issue outside of being unable to scroll the Accounts List on a mobile web browser, please create a separate post to outline the issue.

Thanks, everyone!

-Coach Natalie

• Cmac
    Cmac Member
    Options
    1. no button, list is long enough to require scrolling. No difference in portrait mode.
    2. N.A.
    3. No ‘desktop mode’ on either iPad or iPhone (or that I could find).
    4. No issue on iPhone or as previously mentioned MacBook Pro.
    5. If what you’re asking is ‘seeing same scrolling problem on iPhone, but when using the phones Safari browser,’ YES.

Hope this helps.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks, @Cmac!

It doesn't look like feedback was sent; we do need this data to submit a ticket:

1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Please let me know once done!

-Coach Natalie

• Cmac
    Cmac Member
    Options

Done.

• Coach Natalie
    edited August 2023
    Options

Thanks, @Cmac!

I went ahead and got this reported. I also added the additional feedback and various devices that other users have reported the issue with here, so hopefully they're able to reproduce it and get a fix out quickly for everyone. 🙂

I'll let everyone know when I hear back!

@ajbopp @RobWilk

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-17680

• moneyhound
    Options

This is also an issue on the simplifi dashboard on windows. My accounts are cut off. I would say this is a critical issue that should be fixed. @Coach Natalie your last comment was August, it's now October, strikes me as something totally fixable. Is there a workaround? I'm a new user.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@moneyhound, thanks for letting us know!

It looks like you're experiencing something different from what's been reported in this thread. What you're seeing is a known issue that came to be after the rollout of the Quicken Simplifi rebranding on the Web App; we have an Alert for this known issue that can be followed for updates:

A fix is currently expected with the 3.88.0 Web Release!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Cmac, @RobWilk, @ajbopp, are any of you still seeing an issue with being unable to scroll the Accounts List on a mobile web browser?

Please let us know, thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I can confirm, at least in Chrome on my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, that scrolling the account list is working perfectly as expected.

Rob Wilkens

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I am unable to scroll to the bottom of the accounts list on either Chrome or duckduckgo

Anthony Bopp

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ajbopp, thanks for letting me know!

Are you using your tablet with DeX, or have you tried from other devices as well?

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've also tried it with my galaxy fold

Anthony Bopp

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ajbopp, thanks!

I was able to reproduce this now! Only when using landscape mode, but I attached a video and my info to the ticket and reopened it. I'll let you know if we need any further info from you, but hopefully my data helps them get to the bottom of things.

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.