Feature request to budget from paycheck to paycheck (edited)

Options
gab1972
gab1972 Member
edited September 2023 in Using the Spending Plan

Hello everyone. I'm new to Simplifi and I'm loving it. I'm not sure if this is the correct spot, or if this has already been suggested, but I have a feature request.

I enjoy the Spending Plan tab a lot. It's nice to see where my money is headed in the coming weeks/months. While I love the month in review plan, I would much rather have a spending plan that spans between pay periods. Allow me to explain.

In each month, Simplifi does an excellent job at helping me summarize my income, my bills, and my projected spending. Then it gives me a nice number showing what I have available. The issue is that the "amount available" is for the entire month. So, if I look at this on September 1st, it shows what I have for the entire month of September. It's a little misleading, because generally half of that available money will not be available until after the second pay period of the month. If my available spending shows $3k, that's for the month. Some months the bills are heavier at the front end of the month, so assuming I have $1500 to spend is not accurate. I might have $1000 to spend at the front end of the month and $2000 at the back end.

So instead, having a divided view that shows my income and expenses for BOTH pay periods would be much more useful. A view that shows income, expenses, and available for the period between pays (1st to 15th, and 16th to 30th/31st).

Again, sorry if this has already been requested.

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I know i had made a similar request a while back. In my case, my income is on the third wednesday of the month, so having the spending plan start at the third wednesday would make the spending plan more meaningful to me. Usually 'idea posts' are how feature requests like this are voted on, but i imagine one exists already, and if you can find it via search (or @Coach Natalie might repost it here) vote for it. If it doesn't exist, which i doubt, maybe we can turn this into a new idea post, and it'd get my vote.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @gab1972,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with the Community!

As @RobWilk mentioned, there is an Idea post requesting the ability to customize the budget cycle; I'd suggest adding your vote and feedback there, and then following it for any future updates:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.