Account balance issue - Pending transactions not counted

Options
pawebb
pawebb Member ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2023 in Adding and Updating Accounts

I have one account that seems to be a problem child as far as the balance.

In Simplifi on the transactions page, I have all accounts set to Balance with pending. I also checked the account in settings and verified it is set to the same.

The account has one pending transaction, but it is not being subtracted from the account balance in Simplifi.

The bank account shows the pending transaction and the correct available balance.

It looks like Simplifi is downloading the Ledger Balance and not the available balance.

I also checked out the article @Coach Natalie wrote, which made me think it is downloading the wrong balance.

Can this be fixed? Did I miss something?

Comments

• Diver4242
    Diver4242 Member ✭✭
    Options

I use Fidelity investments for our checking account. They balance they show on the website already incorporates pending transactions, so I figured out how to do the setting in Simplifi to give me an accurate balance in Simplifi. But lately it seems out of whack. Did something change/break here? I saw this posts and now thinking maybe I'm not the only one.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @pawebb & @Diver4242,

Thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're both experiencing a balance discrepancy in Simplifi.

I'd suggest changing the 'Balance with Pending' setting for that specific account and then waiting 4-6 hours for the next refresh with your bank to see if the change corrects the balance discrepancy.

1. Hover over the panel on the left-hand side and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Locate the account with the balance discrepancy and click the three dots at the end of it.
    4. Select Edit account.
    5. In the Balance type dropdown, select Bank balance (Default) or Balance with pending (whichever one you currently don't have selected).
    6. Click Update.
    7. Wait 4-6 hours for the next successful refresh to see the change take effect.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.